wtf am i doing wrong?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rawb325, Aug 6, 2012.

1. fluffy congrats on your 5000'th post... .

2. word!

lol thanks!

3. I just smoked a bowl and explained this to myself, and it made sence haha. before you posted this too. Im like in nature, the shit falls on the ground, gets watered, and grows, why 2" for us? like thats not normal... or natural.

4. i've used light warrior to start seeds... expensive but works good

I used oceans forest, works well again too expensive, w/e

kinda hot and I would go 1/4 strength on nutes with it

5. thanks dude. ill look into it. I have a HTG store locally, lucky me. i can get the nuts when i can at least sprout a plant. lol ill post again if my situation changes, for better or worse.

6. heres the noob coming out of me, when you mean "hot" im assuming you dont mean temp, but the amount of NPorK in the soil? correct? i wanna say just the N.... am i right?

7. You come here asking for advice then someone tells u miracle gro is no good for seedlings and u tell him that doesn't sound right, guess what miracle grow kills seedlings unless u cut it with plain soil

8. You got me all wrong, i dont doubt it. i just dont think them being in the soil for 2 weeks will kill them, ive seem plenty of folks use this stuff with success... im going to transplant them when theyre a little plant, into FF. I know miracle grow will kill the plant, but its not staying. I woulda went and got just FF, but they were closed on sundays, and my seeds needed some soil.

if nothing happens, my buddy has some he can throw me. And we can go half on a soil.

Another quick question. how for away should the cup/ soil be away from 2x24watt t5h0 lights? im going to get 2 more bulbs when they get bigger, but i have them at like, maybe 3 in away, kept moist, and with a bag over them to retain moisture, am i good thus far?

9. you need to get it out of that over-nuted chemical shit asap

I'm running my seedlings maybe 2" away from my 4x18" t5 26w tubes and they love it, not quite tilting to the sky like they do outside but still taking it all in

10. Well ill get some fox farm if this batch fails, like i said, i can get more. I just needed to get them in some soil, so i chose miracle grow cuz thats all i could get my hands on at 5 on a sunday.

I have 4 seeds germing now, that might sprout in the next day or so, ill see how those go, and ill get fox farm soil, i have 16oz styrofoam cups ill put a hole in the bottom, make the soil nice and wet put them an inch down. keep moist, and in some humidity ( i think thats my prob, i may need to move into the garage....)

In the mean time ill keep an eye on the 6 that are under the lights now, i dont think they have a chance tho, this morning i noticed the soil was pretty dry, and if im not mistaken it needs to be moist at best... ill get this one day folks.... i promise.

11. not a inch. a 1/4 inch.... ... ... the estimate is for a depth three times the width of the seed. approximately 1/4- 1/2 inch down...

12. #32 hope2toke, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
    I don't know about ambient humidity I dont think it's so important as long as the soil is moist. Just water it in once... it should be a free draining, nutrient-less soil for seeds such as my seed mix or a 50/50 blend of coco and (small perlite). light warrior is just peat, coco, perlite, wood chips, and a dash of this and that. same thing...

I actually think as long as the soil is moist leaving it under the sun is acceptable. The sun would warm the soil, so heat for the seeds (around 80f ambient temps) dosn't mean go all gung ho and bake your seeds, but a few hours a day could be fine...

13. Ambient humidity isn't as important as soil. I seeded 10/10 seeds in dry CA with nothing more than a trough and water. Keep em warm and wet, you'll do fine.

14. Thanks man, that helps a lot. Ill look to get my hands on some light warrior, or some nutrientless media... i never knew that. see you learn summin new every day. Its beginning to make since to me,

Should i cover the cup in the sun with plastic too? i mean its hot as fuck in FL, lol....

15. Thanks, you and toke i think gave me the knowledge/tools/confidence to get the next batch. preciate it folks.

16. your welcome rawb, and I highly recommend breezing though some of the stickies in the organic section... where I learned >%95 of how to grow

17. I would not cover the cup, seeds need plenty of fresh air

18. [quote name='"hope2toke"']miracle grow and foxfarm= nearly worthless. source your seedling mix and transplant mix for mature plant from your local independent organic nursery. you should read the stickis in the organic growing section it might give you a lead on better soil .. good luck.[/quote]

@hope2toke Fox Farm nearly worthless, get really dude! It's the best soil already mixed, besides happy frog! Do ur homework!

19. your not rubbing your nuts on the seeds....you ALWAYS have to put the cracked seeds between ur nuts nd ass bro.

20. Yup. works great. Not saying that making your own isn't a good idea with more experience, but for new (and old) soil growers its great.