Wrote a rap verse...baked

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by R y a n, Jun 1, 2010.

1. #1 R y a n, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2010
    Hey everyone. I usually rap more for fun than to try and make a career out of it. I recently wrote a verse that goes to this song by Black Star (for those who don't know, it's a older rap group that included Mos Def, Talib Kweli and Hi-tek) It starts at 17 seconds into the video, so whether you want to rap along or just read along, hope you enjoy. Please give any advice. Thanks!

Took the stairs to get higher, my legs became stronger // Up here pronounced as the sire, this buzz'll last longer // Later feeling the aches and the pains, from my long journey // Later thought to myself "Damn you overcame adversity" // One backpack and my senses I need to get away // With a flask in the grasp drinking through the mid-day // Plus my hash and this grass I'd smoke every which way // Let my mind expand and enter this world at play // I started locating new material with nights that took miracles // Silent cries from my closest becoming very hysterical // Constructed my life just to watch all of this destruction // How many from this community would stand up to corruption? // My deduction - I'd have to follow the few that had changed // Start being a voice for the many that'd beg for spare change // So let me take a moment to show you my newly found tradition // And you're welcome to join if you like the way we be livin' // Sick of my old wounds, cautiously rip out my old stitchin' // Had I been given the chance to shine, instead I would've glistened // Backflips and acrobatics are what people seem to request // Ask why I do this it's how I relieve that very stress // Y'all are like crows invading my nest, skeleton keys unlocking my chest // I didn't seek out your f***ing advice so stop telling me what is best // I'm taking my own test, becoming a stock you should invest // With confidence alone that will put you down to rest // I'm in my own line, was put in my own class // Known by all kinds, attracting those people in mass // I'm not that high up, and I'm not saying I'm a prodigy // But what will y'all be callin' me when you kneel down to honor me?

It's long, but I just wanted to keep it the same length as Mos Def's verse in the song.

2. youtube link's saying malformed url or something man.

the verse reads nice though, get the link sorted and i'd be interested to listen :cool:

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRMyrsOnt3s&feature=related]YouTube - Mos Def & Talib Kweli - Respiration Instrumental[/ame]

There you go dude. I'll try to put it up on Youtube soon, with myself rapping over it rather than just a written version.

4. ahh right, i misunderstood - i thought the youtube vid was of you rapping. still, nice man, if you do do that that'd be cool too.

writing rap baked...not much beats it when it's coming nice eh? heh

5. Yea, definitely one of the most fun activities to do baked, if it's coming out right. :D