Writing

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Liminal, Jan 20, 2007.

1. First off, I just want to say that I abso-fucking-lutely love these forums. Moving on, I was wondering how many people on here are actually interested in becoming novelists, or consider themselves writers of any kind, and what kind of writing you do, techniques you use, et cetera. If so, how often do you write while high, and do you notice markedly different effects between stoned writing and sober writing? Thanks in advance for replies :)

2. Hi dude or dudette. I write a lot and I think writing while being high is great. I write mostly poetry and short stories. I think the main difference between writing high and writing sober is the state of mind. Most of the time, when I feel like writing and I'm sober, it's to free myself from negative forms of emotions. On the opposite, when I smoke and I feel like writing, it's to make me go through the positive energy.

3. When I pick up a pen and start to write, sometimes I draw a blank, and other times the words just flow right onto the paper. I've got a whole notebook full of lyrics, poems, and stories I've written this year. For me, writing is a way to let all the thoughts running through my head ventilate. When I let 'em out, sometimes I surprise myself. I can tell a difference in how I write when I'm high and when I'm not, but it's not a big difference with me. I know the herb allows my mind's wellspring of creativity to start pumpin' though, and that's why I love smoking it.

4. My passion for writing started from novel writing, and after that i switched to a poetry and continued to develop my skills as a freelance writer. For writing an introduction for most of my writing assignment i usually use internet guides, for example, for writing an introduction there is a grea article outhere - How to Write an Introduction Paragraph for an Essay, which briefly describes the main steps of an essay writing. Writing an essays and articles is a very common tasks among freelance writer, those kind of task are related to promoting any product on the intrnet through marketing company.

5. I like to visit this site, always fresh discussions and useful information. When I need to write an essay I always check your blog. Last month I didn't have time for college, and now I'm looking for someone who can help write my case study for me. Will be grateful for any help.

6. i love creative writing especially if i use some creative strains in the process. I can really let my imagination run wild and try to get a story down on and Iprefer short stories, sometimes with a twist. I was an avid reader from the time i could read and i literally used to read anything i could find as in those days there was not any internet only books. I love fantasy genre as well as future sci fi for the short story space.

7. Very much so

mostly with songs

but I have prose projects underway, particularly a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure project

as for writing high? Some non-stoner people note a negative qualitative difference, so, I believe it's handy to have a non-smoking sounding board.