Writing while high

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Uber-Budz, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Being a Journalism student, I really enjoy writing. I find that when I write high, I can come up with some really good stories and poetry, but once I come down I have to read over and revise my work because sometimes it is just incoherent. Does this happen to anyone else?

2. i usually try to write poetry when it comes to mind its a lot better than when im straight.....

3. I find that when writing while high i lose coherency. Things make sense in my head that dont really make to the paper the way they were initially intended. But sometimes it can help with writers block helping us loos our inhibitions and such. Its good for all. =)

Zach

4. I think writing on this board is proof. Sometimes I go back and read what I wrote and it doesn't even make sense. I'm sure ya'all think what is she talking about!?! It makes sense when I write it, but...I think your right though Uber-Budz if I would go back and edit it, it wouldn't be too bad. Might even have something to say. But as you can tell it doesn't stop me from writing stoned anyway!

5. i get some great ideas while high, and i can write sometimes but for the most part my ability to organize my sentences into a story or into a well-formed structure is LOST.
    i am ALWAYS high on grasscity, and I always go back and go
    "holy shit i am such a nerd!" :D
    i couldn't ever for the life of me write an essay while stoned, but i sure as hell brainstormed and wrote partial essays that turned into gems because of some of the ideas i thought up while baked :D

6. I HAVE ALSO COME UP WITH SOME REALLY NEAT IDEAS FOR STORIES, POEMS, AND ESSAYS WHILE I WAS HIGH. IF I TRY TO FREELY WRITE ABOUT THOSE IDEAS, HOWEVER, I END UP LOSING SIGHT OF THE INTIAL POINT AND IT BECOMES CRAP. I HAVE FOUND IT HELPFUL TO WRITE THOSE IDEAS DOWN AND BRAINSTORM WHILE STONED. AFTER I READ THOSE IDEAS (IN AMAZEMENT), I CAN PUT THEM INTO A LOGICAL FORM WHEN I AM SOBER.

7. so true crhonictoker...ompleatly true, took the words out m moth...
    come up with WHACK ideas....really good ideas, and then try to write an essay....crap...but if i brain stop...get a good essay in the end...

thinking about it
    its 10am, gotta write an essay? should i go out for a spliff?

peace

8. Don't worry about it, just write!

9. when i'm all stoned i love to think of new songs and poems... but it's usually when i'm walking around with my friends. i can come up with some awesome stuff in my head, but when i finally get home to write it down i usually just end up forgetting what it was i wanted to write down, lol... maybe i should carry pen and paper around with me more often.

10. I have found it useful to use a mini recorder to preserve the feeling of the moment, and the idea that the high person is trying to convey. My fiance (who has not posted here yet, but will soon) is the funniest person I know..... and for the longest we wondered if it was just because of weed, or if he was truely THAT funny. Turns out he is even funnier when straight, especially if you are a stoner listening to his little rave.

I also write when I am baked, finding that I don't experience writers block as badly during those times. For the most part, however, I agree with all those who have already said they brainstorm during their enhanced mental state. I brainstorm about everything, and then go back later and revise/review what I have written to see if it will hold water, so to speak.
    I have come up with some pretty good business ideas, marketing ideas, legal stratagies, ect. while in "herbal paradise".

Anyone have any cash but no idea for a business.... talk to me.... I have TONS!!!! LOL......

Mayor Angel LaLa

I believe in the whole of me......

11. Writting when high has its moments. Most of the time it's like "did I really think/write that?" But I have written some kickass papers in university while high. I think having to be focused helps. So does a PC!

12. what jimi did with his guitar was poetry in the form of electric, he was always either high, or tripping whenever he performed, every solo was pretty much improv, it came naturally, and alot of us understand what he was saying with his guitar, a message, you cant explain it, jimi is a god, music to him came naturally, he didnt think about what notes to play, it came from a higher being, went through him and his fingers, thru the guitar and out to the audience, some people understand, and "know" but others couldnt handle the revolutionary guitar styles that jimi came up with, and since the didnt understand they critsized him. but us who "know" we know, and that is all that matters, because i have jimi, and whenever something goes wrong in my life, its alright, because i have jimi, and thats it. im sure some of you understand what im talking about,...and others are reading this thinking im crazy, but that is because you havent experienceed him in the right kind of way, and it is alright..you just dont "know" and its all good. but what im trying to say is...yes when you are high, things come naturally, whether it is through a pen, keyboard, guitar, voice...things come to you more clearly, and they flow...and jimi did it better than any one else...writer, guitarist, singer..etc.

13. I so understand what you mean about Jimi. his music sets my soul on fire. he's been with me since the night i saw the colors in the music.

drugs can be a wonderful vision maker - for both the makers and the appreciaters.

14. eah jimi kicks ass, same with bob marley, his songs were sll tripped out and abstract but if you listen there is so much meaning and is packed with things people could create their lives by...being out of the state of mentality is really when we are totally free of inhibitions

15. beautifully said man

16. texting while high is trippy, i was texting my mate one time when i was out the back having a ciggy and told him about street cat staring at me as i was texting and the more i texted, the cat still remaind where it was, not moving the slightest! so i started texting really fast because i wanted it to send through before the cat ran off. so he could relate to what i was experiencing. (it was hard cause more time was wasted as i looked for his name in my phone book and by the time it sent through... once sent, i sent another one, telling him how it was STILL there but this text was way more riskier (after all the cat could run off) it was still there, yet i was only texting faster and faster! then. it moved and i was full texting the cats everymove as it walked forward and back "now its, going forward, now its looking away"by the end i had lost it though and was pretty cut.

woah, hope guys followed me reading this. its kinda off topic but

17. #17 LetsGoHigher, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2010
    aahahahahahaaha!
    aah I just HAD to create an account to say, you know the exact same thing happened to me the other day.. good shit man!

..anyway cool thread but I think we're like 8 years too late.. hahaha

18. Okay, after I finished reading this whole thread, I decided to test out the writing high theory. I write, btw. I love to write anything. I love writing essays, short stories, poetry, I make time for blogs, and I'm working on two novels simultaneously. So I packed my bong tight, and went out on the porch. While I was smoking, I was actually making mental notes about significant points I wanted to make. I cashed the bowl, and came right back in and sat down at my computer. Then, I somehow got interested in the movie Pineapple Express for the 1 MILLIONTH time. Now I have no idea where I was going. If I haven't passed out, I'll get back to you all on those significant points after this wears off. That is, if I even remember posting in this thread at all.

The End! :D

19. No, once i come down i realise can't read my stoned handwriting