writing music high

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by greenghoul, Jan 2, 2012.

1. anyone do this? does it help? I want to get into writing music (instrumentals and lyrics), but whenever I try, I either like something and hate it the next day, or make something that can be good, but I get distracted and just stop.

I've never finished writing a song because of this, so maybe smoking would help?

2. Yes, I highly recommend it :smoke:. I also know the feeling of when you're writing a piece of music, then you suddenly hit a brick wall. It's really frustrating. I would definitely smoke a few bowls, then go to work with a song that you never got to finish, and see if something budges. Don't forget to try out new things as well, you'd be surprised of how much you discover whilst blazed. :eek:

Some other things:

How much music do you listen to?

Are you a genre oriented person, or do you have a vast taste in music?

What instrument do you play?

3. I listen to music a lot lately, I usually have the radio going or pandora.

Mostly classic rock and 90s alternative, I'll dip into other genres too on occasion though, really depends on my mood. Lately it's been a lot of smashing pumpkins, pixies and now I'm getting into cage the elephants first album.

Guitar, I want to learn music theory for it, and I also wannna learn drums one day.

4. i'm actually quitting smoking to help me write songs. i feel tryna do it high i've got lots of puzzle pieces. but when i smoke i can't figure out how to put them together and always start creating a new puzzle piece instead.

if that makes any sense sorry i'm high :smoke: lol on my last G

5. [quote name='"greenghoul"']I listen to music a lot lately, I usually have the radio going or pandora.

Mostly classic rock and 90s alternative, I'll dip into other genres too on occasion though, really depends on my mood. Lately it's been a lot of smashing pumpkins, pixies and now I'm getting into cage the elephants first album.

Guitar, I want to learn music theory for it, and I also wannna learn drums one day.[/quote]

great taste in music.

6. I adore composing while high, but I've learned to keep a notepad nearby to write down chord progressions, tempo's, time signature's, etc. Otherwise I can't get anything set, I just keep improvising.

7. i often make beats high and most of the time they end up being some of my best, though at the same time if i'm really really high i think anything i was making at the time would sound good to me even if it'd sound average if i was sober, so i try to be somewhat discerning about whether i just like the track cos i first heard it when i was high as fuck or if it's actually any good.

i often listen to other people's music after smoking/vaping which tends to get me inspired and wanna make my own.

8. i actually find it easier to focus when im sober

however, i dont even remember recording this new years eve when i was high and drunk as fuck so idk.. its a tossup. lol
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYSdJTm9Ias]Architekked - Gots 2 Chill - YouTube[/ame]

9. when i try to write music high (guitar) its so hard

10. i play guitar and keyboards but i cant read sheet music except tablature

but as far as instrumental shit goes jammin is the only way that really works for me to find some shit i like and wanna turn into something

11. i find with guitar that smoking really helps me get out of the generic playing (sounds like im just practicing scales) and into really playing with emotion which really does make a difference in music

12. Same man! I have a little chord book, it works wonders lol. :smoke:

13. the chord book would probably help lol, I'll be sure to bring mine back to college with me tomorrow when I go back. Gonna be sure to keep a notepad on me at all times, never know when I'll think of something!

14. bump, any other suggestions for writing high??

15. This makes perfect sense to me