Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Writing Essay while high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by swanseatoker, Apr 25, 2013.

1. I think I will attempt it tonight. I'll defiantly edit it when I'm sober though. Has anyone done a paper high before? Is it better/worse?

2. Every time I write while high it's like 10x better, I say go for it

3. Weed doesn't make you retarded mate. You'll probably write some really good shit :)

4. weed will help get the writing mojo flowing. if your having a hard time starting, it can really help, ive found!

5. I usually type my papers high. I find that my ideas seem to flow better when I'm high although I'm not nearly as eloquent and so the sober revision is always necessary.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I used to do all my papers in college while high
    Always got good grades too. Gets the motor turning lol

• Like Like x 2
  7. my best papers in the least time ive been high and yea sometimes just go back with a thesaurus and puff up the vocab

"This is one of the best papers ive ever received you definetly worked very hard A"

(blazed af and finished it 10 mins before class)

8. Just be careful to not get off topic. Its easy to slip off on tangents while your thoughts are racing from weed.

9. Yeah for sure. Thats part of what makes writing/weed so great tho, you can(and should) always go back and edit

10. Weed isn't good to do before a lot of school work, but essays are one of the things being high can make better.

11. Weed was defiantly helpful. I smoked and worked on my paper last night and I finally got it started. I'd had writers block for awhile but the weed made my thoughts flow a little more orderly. My writing style changes as well, I can tell.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Had to write an analysis for an essay I wrote the day before, prolly vaped like .6 or .7 of a g with my friend down the street then started writing. The shit I wrote was seriously fucking genius, giant words and a whole array of literary terms explaining the way I wrote in such depth that I didn't even think about till I was high. It was like I tapped into some subconscious intelligence or something. The issue was that between being a person who can't write fast enough compared to what he was thinking and being pretty blazed also my grammar was shit so I asked a friend to revise it for me. Be warned tho you can get distracted and may struggle because your short term memory sucks and you might have to reread your previous sentence 4 or 5 times before you continue with your genius.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Depends on the topic of the essay, i once went to school high and had to write an essay and i had this really hard topic and couldnt really think what to say about it, but you get to choose the topic im sure you could come up with some great stuff

14. WHAT I LEARNED IN BOATING SCHOOL IS!.........

• Like Like x 1
  15. I think I write better, but that's probably because I don't give a fuck as much. Definitely edit while sober. I make so many mistakes while high haha.

16. #16 shaddytheman, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2013
    That my friend is called the hyper-priming effect, it's when your thoughts flow clearly without having any mental blockage passing the message from neuron cell to another. 

17. Weed doesn't make you a good (or better) writer. You have to have an inkling of talent to begin with. However, INHO, weed allows me to chase an idea ... from conception to conclusion.

Of course, the idea might not make any sense to anyone but myself, but writing it down or drawing it can be a genuinely enlightening experience. (Sorry, haven't smoke yet, so this is rambling).

I'm a published writer/author.  I think some of my best term papers were written while high, but that was because I had ADHD and weed helped me concentrate in college.

If you are writing for yourself, have fun with it.  If you are turning it in for a grade, have someone "neutral" read it.  Then, read it while you are sober.  Does it still make sense? Can you explain the thought(s) you had when you wrote it? If so, PARTY ON!!

18. Like a lot of people have said, it is great to get the ideas going and get a rough draft but sober editing is absolutely necessary

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. My best ideas when writing come stoned.  As you mentioned, just proofread for grammar mistakes after sobering up.

20. Some of my best english papers were while I was flying nine kinds of high. As the previous poster said, just type and leave the proofreading for when you're sober.