Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Writing a paper on why marijuana should be legalized

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by willman896, Jun 10, 2012.

1. I'm writing my final paper for government class on why marijuana should be legalized and I need to interview somebody. I thought, who better to interview than GrassCity! I just need a couple answers to these questions, thanks everyone who answers!

1: Why was marijuana originally made illegal?

2: What do you think contributes to the anti-marijuana attitude of those who support the plants prohibition

3: Who stands to lose the most by legalizing marijuana? Who stands to benefit the most?

That's all I need. Thanks in advance guys!

2. Alcohol corporations would lose tons of dolla bills

3. #3 Storm Crow, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2012
    1. Hate, fear and greed! Hatred and fear of the Mexican immigrants, and loss of profits for the oil, paper and pharmaceutical, cotton and other industries!

2. Ignorance! Once the medical facts about cannabis become known, the NEED for legalization becomes obvious! Alzheimer's is a good example. How many folk would be against cannabis is they knew it was almost 10 times more effective than the leading anti-Alzheimer's drug, Aricept? :eek: Show them this!

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's[/FONT]

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease.

The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at double the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.”

3. The oil, paper and pharmaceutical, cotton and other industries will take a big hit!

ALL OF THE REST OF US WILL BENEFIT! :hello:

Alzheimer's will become rarer. (read that WebMD article)

Suicide rates drop where MMJ is allowed!

[FONT=&quot]High on Life? Medical Marijuana Laws and Suicide (full – 2012)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] http://ftp.iza.org/dp6280.pdf[/FONT]

Lung cancer rates will drop-

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows (news – 2007)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows[/FONT]

Alcohol use and its related problems will lessen. Who wants a hang-over, weight gain and brain damage from alcohol when you can legally get cannabis which helps cure hang-overs or brain damage?

Latest Studies Imply That Cannabinoids Are Protective Against Alcohol-Induced Brain Damage (news – 2011) http://networkedblogs.com/mFuuX

Why Medical Marijuana Laws Reduce Traffic Deaths (news - 2011)
    http://healthland.time.com/2011/12/02/why-medical-marijuana-laws-reduce-traffic-deaths/

And folks who use cannabis are more likely to be of normal weight than their non-toking counterparts!

Frequency Of Marijuana Use Associated With Lower Prevalence Of Obesity, Study Says (news – 2011) Frequency Of Marijuana Use Associated With Lower Prevalence Of Obesity, Study Says

If you have further questions, PM me.

Granny :wave: