Writers block

Discussion in 'General' started by Pieces, Sep 27, 2009.

1. I put in general cause it has to do with music and words.

point is, i've been having some pretty bad writers block lately, and i need some help on getting inspired, other than smoking of course, thats taken care of :smoking:

any advice, or things you guys do to inspire yourself?

2. Try writing something different. Get the creative juices flowing.

3. Ok, well this is what i do. I smoke and get my juices going. I get out a pen and paper, typing shit sucks cause u cant get the full thought process. I then sometimes turn on music. But you must make sure that the music ur listening to isnt a song you know or can sing along to. Classical and metal, yes metal, are great to listen to. Im very bored right now so if u give me a clue to what ur writing i can try to help

4. I know exactly what you mean, take a walk through some nature and let the natural sounds around you sink in (may help to have a smoke handy). Get yourself comfortable in the woods then write. Don't think, just let it flow.

Hope it helps.

5. Extend your boundaries. Do something you normally wouldn't.

Try something different; location; music; films; literature; people.
    Or do the same things in new ways.

If not, stop trying so hard and just relax. Perhaps some free writing to warm up.

I read somewhere that Hemingway would write ideas down fresh and stash them so he would have some in reserve.

If all else fails, go for a walk.

6. Just write down whatever is on your mind, even if it isn't relevant to the topic you want to write about, eventually after writing down a bunch of random stuff, you will come up with something.