wrestling

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by ImWithWhatever, May 15, 2009.

1. hey i was wondering if theres any wrestling fans on the city?

fans of wwe, wwf, wcw, ecw, roh, tna whatever u watched, ellaborate on that and your favorite wrestlers

my favorite wrestler of right now has to be randy orton, hes rediculous

2. Randys got the boot to the head, right? It wasnt too long ago when he first came on the scene, & the Ortons have been in the wrestling business for many years, I think his gramps used to wrestle, I know his pops did anyway. But he has really beefed up quite a bit over the last year, Randy was kinda billed as the next big thing in WWE, he will have to wait on triple H & Cena more than likely, If you have been to any live shows there's no doubt that triple H puts on the best show, he is all about the fans man, after his match he will just hang out in the ring for about 15mins for photo ops, then walk slowly up the ramp beefing it up for the kids a shit. Jeff Hardy allways pretty much steels the show no matter whos on the ticket, no a huge fan, but his entrance is the bomb, seeing his signature move about 6 feet away is freakin unreal, I cant believe he is still living.

But actualy, I have to go way back to the WCW days, NWO was the rule, man they had Rick Flair, the Hulkster, the undertaker got started in the wcw....the WCW was no doubt the shit in its hay-day. In fact they were starting to be a pain to the WWF,(back then) Vince just had way to much $$$ & support, the wcw was hurting finacialy, so down they went, more than half of the big names in wwe right now came from wcw at one time or the other.

I'm sure you have been to some of the shows when they come to your town, Raw or Nitro, if you havent...its a total different experience, worth the ticket price even if you are not a wrestling fan at all. They are far & few inbetween though, back in the day they used to come around every month, shit we had the WWE one week & the WCW would come the next week, one time the wcw was in Norfolk & the wwe was in the next city the same night, I went to the wcw show & the annoucer said that they had just got word that the wwe wrestlers were packing up & coming to Norfolk to steel the wcw show & take names & kick some wcw ass. Man those were good times...of course they never showed up, it kinda threw a wrench in the wcw works for the rest of the show though.

3. yeah ive been to a live show, especially a live ppv is the best. randy actually isnt quite as built as he once was since they all can no longer take steroids. hes currently the champ and the word going around is that hes gunna have a nice long title run

4. Used to be. I even went with my best friend and his dad to Wrestlemania 19 when I was younger. I watched WCW too, Goldberg, of course, was my favorite.

5. #5 sky dog, May 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2009
    I was a big-time wrestling fan from about age 9 to 14

I went to a bunch of WWF shows (yeah I don't roll with the WWE, it'll always be the WWF), most notably Wrestlemania XIV at the Garden. I went to an ECW taping one time, too. My favorite wrestlers were Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Raven, Sandman, Rob Van Dam... There are probably about 150 action figures and two toy wrestling rings in my basement.

I thought it started going downhill after WCW got really weak and was eventually bought by Vince McMahon. They suddenly had a million main event wrestlers and had to pull that crap with two different World Championships and different brands and stuff... And at a certain point it became obvious that there were more and more segments with wrestlers cutting promos in the ring and the matches were usually like five minutes long with a DQ that would just turn into another promo. ECW was the answer to that, but they went bankrupt and now it's a shell of its former glory.

6. the only wrestling I watch is Greco Roman wrestling. Thats because its real

7. even tho i watch dude i totally agree with u. u went to mania 14? thats fuckin crazy that still is one of my favorite matches ever.

8. did u use to wrestle or something? and yeah i agree real wrestling is where its at

9. was big into wrestling from 88-93(huge ultimate warrior fan). then got back into it when DX was getting big. right around the rocks climb to stardom.. then once it merged to wwe i stopped watching it.

10. haha its so funny everyone stopped watchin at the same time. im not different but the only difference is i picked up watchin a couple years ago, right at the height of cena and edge having a fued.

11. YES my favorite thing to do is get high as balls and watch hours of wrestling. the drama is so hilarious/intense when blazed