WR & WWC Grow...2nd Attempt!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by kbfl0912, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Well, my last attempt ended up with one male, so never got to flower. It was that crazy little bonsai plant. Beautiful, but male....So, I was lucky enough to get some White Rhino and White Widow Crystal seeds ;) . Very happy!. So, started germinating 4 WR and 4 WWC. The 4 WR's have already germinated and sprouted with 1 fatality. 3 left. The WWC's germinated and were just transplated into peat pots. They haven't popped out yet. So, don't have any pics of those.

Two are being grown in one gallon pots right now (I know, way too big!) and one is in a cup. It is actually growing faster than the ones in the larger pots. My cat did eat one, so it is remarkably smaller than the others. They are 10 days since being put into soil.

Soil is FoxFarm Ocean Forest mixed w/ perlite. The lights are 8 bulbs T5's. They are in a closet right now, but my room is almost ready and they will be moved out of the closet and onto a table in a room.

The temps right now are at about 83F and humidity is at 35%. Trying to raise humidity right now.

My tap water has a very high ph of about 8.2 (scary) so I have to condition the water prior to watering. I've only watered once though. Run off water is at 6.5.

I do have one little ugly bag seed plant too. Germinated at the same time as the others. I have no idea what is going on with this one. It looks terrible. It actually looks better today in the pic than it did yesterday, but still don't know that the deal is.

Will post pics of the WWC once they pop. I was surprised at the time difference to germinate the two strains. The WR's just went crazy in like one night. Wish me luck! :smoking:

Attached Files:

2. HIGH All, awwwww they look cute kbfl0912...looks like the WR is the lastest craze here at The City it seems *LOL*....it looks like you could be watering too much....less is better my Friend.
    Looking forward to more updates.....

3. Not too much change....I am having a problem germinating the White Widow Crystal though. The first four showed their tap root and I planted in a peat pot as I do with all of my seeds and they never sprouted, they died. So, I soaked four more in water until they cracked just a little and then put into paper towels til they opened enough to put into the peat pots. Only one has made it this far now, so hopefully I will have some to show soon.

The White Rhino's are doing good. There are three of them and all are very different. WR#1 is the best. It seems strong and has no problems. WR#2 was attacked by my cat earlier and has some leaves missing and a hole or two in the others....but other than that, it is healthy. WR#3 is in the smaller cup and seems to be drooping alot. I made a huge mistake with that one and will be correcting it tomorrow. I used "used" soil from my last grow. This is the only difference between that one and the others. So, I know that is the deal, I will be transplanting tomorrow. Don't know what I was thinking. I did flush the soil prior to using it, but I guess it still was a problem.

Then, there is the ugly little bag seed plant. Not even worth taking photos of. It just shows up in the group picture.

The room is almost done and they "should" be out of the closet by Thursday. Yeah! I hate not having room to mess around in there.

Well, not much excitement yet....maybe some WWC's soon!

Attached Files:

4. HIGH All, don't know what to say....the only thing I can think of is your soil is tooo wet...WWC like a dry Foot....till they get growing.

Never grew a Wr to it's fullest...this time..should be no problem...(heat for me).

Do a "Lift" test...if the pot is Heavy.....Don't water...If it feels "Light" water it...THIS is the best way to gauge what you want.

5. That bonsai plant was crazy, who could forget that grow.... I'll pull up a chair and see how this one goes. Your plants are about the same age as mine I believe. Looking good, although I agree the droopy one looks overwatered.

6. I will make sure the peat pots that the WWC's are in now are not too wet. The WR's are looking good today. I watered the WR's today, but they were very, very dry. They are not drooping now. Except for #3. I transplanted it today into new soil. I also transplanted the little bag seed plant. Below are pics from today. Thanks for checking in on me. :wave:

Attached Files:

• WR1.jpg
      WR1.jpg
      File size:
      125.6 KB
      Views:
    • WR2.jpg
      WR2.jpg
      File size:
      176 KB
      Views:
    • WR3.jpg
      WR3.jpg
      File size:
      140 KB
      Views:
    • ALL.jpg
      ALL.jpg
      File size:
      44 KB
      Views:
  7. the last one looks abit rough, but it could grow out of it...

the others look good...

:wave: :D :smoking: :D :wave: good luck to the rest of you're grow:wave: :D :smoking: :D :wave:

8. The three WR's are looking good. Even #3, the runt that was nipped by my cat in its early life is trying to make a come back. I can tell they will quickly outgrow these one gallon pots. Right? Still no sign of the WWC's. They should be showing their little heads any day now I suspect.

This is a fun strain to grow....no problems as of yet. All I do is throw a little Spring water in there every now and then, check the temps and humidity and that's it. It's nice not having a troubled grow. (knock on wood). Nice leaves. Perfect.:)

Well, just realized I can't post pics tonight for some reason. Will try to later.

9. glad to hear their doing good...

and yes they will outgrow those pots... depending on how big you want you're plant in the end....

i'd recommend you to change pots.... (atleast 10-12" pots)

here's a shot of a 12" tall plant root ball after i chopped the plant down.. (in a 12" pot)

[​IMG]

good luck to the rest of the grow :D

10. Hi there k...I had simular problems with the wwc too...Hope you get some nice buds of those girls....laters..

11. Well, I'm glad it isn't just me. I think I might have a few new hopefuls. I would really like to get at least one going. Thanks for checking in on me! New pics posted below of the WR's. Lookin' good.

12. Why am I not able to post pics. Whenever I go to manage attachements, it gives me an error message. Is there something wrong with the site or what? I want to show off my babies....:) They are about two weeks old now and are looking really good. Someone let me know what the problem is.

13. I am having the same problem with pics, and whats funny is that I was trying to make my 2 week post as well. I am just gonna wait until it works, then make the post I guess. Anyone know whats up?

14. I Can't Post Pics. Someone Help! Says Database Error Whenever I Try To Upload. Anyone Know What's Up?

Attached Files:

15. well, one got in there...maybe i can post the others.

NOPE....NEVERMIND

16. they've filled out a lot.. looking good :hello: I'll keep an eye on ya. I couldn't get any pics to post through grasscity either btw.

17. HIGH All, we know a data base error has occured...it will be fixed soon.

Yes they are growing up eh....the WWC hates WET feet when first starting....if you have a couple more seeds might as well germ them...the soil should be moist...hopeing you will get something...(insert "confused" smilie here)

18. gj and gl man. this is a nice lookin grow. ill be pulling up a chair for this one...

19. Haven't been able to post for a while so here are pics from last night. I topped one of the WR's and also topped the bagseed plant earlier. Overall, I think they are looking good. There is a little leaf discoloration on one of them, but other than that, they are healthy. Haven't used any nutes yet. I think the FF soil should be good enough for the veg stage without using extra nutes. Do you all agree?

Here's the pics, let me know what you think. I believe they are about three weeks old now. Strong easy strain.....I like it! Still no WWC's. I guess I am going to try those on the next round.

Pic #1 & #2 - Group of all (Including bagseed)
    Pic #3 - WR1
    Pic #4 - WR2 Pre-Top
    Pic #5 - WR2 After Top

Attached Files:

20. looking good man, keep up the good work! :wave: