WR clone getting purple leaf edges

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by sailsinthesun, Dec 24, 2008.

1. #1 sailsinthesun, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2008
    Hi all, just wanted advice on a clone of white rhino that I have going in soil. Older leaves have full purple edges and new growth begins with just purple tips and then gets the full purple edges. The mother that this clone came from has no purple on her but does exhibit the very skinny leaves that this girl has. Help!!

• Hydro or Soil Soil mix(60%FFOF/40%perlite) in 16oz plastic cup with drainage holes
    • Type of light? (6) 23w CFLs at 6500k until rooted, then moved under 400w MH@1ft away, lights on 24/0 since cut taken
    • "Atmosphere" Conditions (74-82F, 38-50%RH, 450cfm exhaust fan, 175 cfm fresh air intake, and small desk fan circulating air
    • Waterings Filtered tap water@ pH 5.5-6.0, watering when dry 1" down, about every other day in 16oz plastic cup
    • PH Range 5.5-6.0 input, not sure on runoff
    • Nutrients/Supplements None given as of yet, just what is in the FFOF
    • Pictures if possible! Not with my plants now, but will have pics soon hopefully.
    • Design and Dates 3'Wx2'Dx5.5'H cabinet with first grow. Clone was cut on 12/1 and rooted and moved under 400w MH around 12/14

Best I can do for pictures, LOL:
    [​IMG]

2. What is the run-off pH?

3. How big are they? 16oz cup isn't very big for anything over a few inches, you could be getting root bound.

4. It looks like your feeding with too low of a pH to start with...