Wow, What A Movie- Dogville

Discussion in 'General' started by Budo, Dec 23, 2004.

1. I just watched such an intense movie, Dogville, it's quite different as the buildings and backrounds are nonexistent, meaning the backround is either black or white, and the buildings are drawn out as outlines on the ground, although there are many props to establish the feeling of each house and such. It's known as blackbox theatre (I know as I have acted before) but I've never seen the method used in a movie. Though you'd think it would bother you, I think it was cool and I forgot it eventually after getting caught up in the movie, but it is super intense, a real deep look into human nature and it has the most surprising ending I have ever seen, if your into deep independent movies check this out. Dogville. Oh and it's written and directed by the director of Dancer In The Dark (don't know if he wrote that) which I also loved if you have seen that.

2. What is the movie about exactly?

3. A women is running from the mob (what for? hhmmmm...) so she runs to the small and poor town of dogville to try and start a new life while earning the respect of the town. They accept housing her at first, but as the police begin to search for her the residents doubt their actions, and some take advantage of her hiding status. It's not a feel-good movie in any way but it's in my top ten for sure because of it's fantastic depiction of reality in such situations. I'm still stunned by the ending