Wow, What a Coincidence

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Sliver, Apr 21, 2009.

1. #1 Sliver, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009
    I have been prescribed suboxone for 2 years now. I usually get refills and call them in myself and a couple times a year go to the doctor for checkups. If I dont have the suboxone I get really sick, like a heroin addict would with no heroin. So, tonight I drove 20 miles out to my pharmacy to pick up a refill that I had called in. I walked up to the desk as usual, and for the first time, I forgot that I had no more refills on my prescription. Worse still, I had none from my last prescription left. Now, if I wasnt able to get the suboxone by tomorrow morning I would be so sick I wouldnt be able to go to work. I FREAKED out. It was 8 pm, and the pharmacy was about to close and the doctors office was long closed so i couldnt call my doctor to get it called in.

No sooner do they tell me that I have no more refills then I turn around to freak out and talk to my girlfriend, and I look over her shoulder, and there, in the same supermarket where my pharmacy is, was my doctor. Buying milk. I have NEVER seen him outside the office. I ran over to him and embarrased, asked him to fill my prescription for me. He seemed perturbed about it but agreed. He walked up to the pharmacy counter and the pharmacist asked him for identification, proof that he was a doctor. He didnt have it on him, so he sighed and went and bought his milk and walked out to his car and looked for it. Several minutes went by and I thought he had left, and he came back saying "i cant find my card" whatever card that doctors have to prove theyre doctors....Hes pretty flighty for a doctor. So, i freaked out again, and he said he would call it in to the pharmacy down the street, which was open later. He asked me for my birthdate, I told him, and He got in his car and i jumped in mine and flew down to the other pharmacy. When i got to the desk the pharmacist was on the phone saying "you dont know his birthdate?" (he's spacey, remember?) I knew she was talking about me and to my doctor, and i immediately said my birthday. she looked at me like i was crazy and i told her the story of how this came to be. Longer story short, She filled it, and ill be fine tomorrow!

But WHAT a weird coincidence, eh? I mean ive been there 100000 times filling my prescriptions and ive NEVER forgotten that i didnt have any left. THE ONE TIME I do forget, my doctor is standing behind me buying milk!

2. Bump. Hello?

3. #3 Stile, Apr 21, 2009
    So he was buying JUST milk?

4. #4 Motoxridah, Apr 21, 2009
    I don't understand why you have been on suboxone for 2 years. Why would you get sick still even if you take suboxone? Are you still using opiates? Suboxone is to come off of a drug, not postpone your withdrawals until your next high :confused:

5. #5 Blazed&Confuzed, Apr 21, 2009
    Sounds like you had some good karma going on. Unfortunately that shit rarely happens to me...

6. #6 Sliver, Apr 21, 2009
    WTF

Dude you just twisted everything I said. That dude with the "this is why i hate this section" post was right

I've been off drugs for quite some time now. I had a couple slipups about a year ago but a lot of people who take suboxone take it for a long time. It gets rid of the cravings and helps to stop you from wanting to do it. I used to be a serious heroin addict, and I will eventually stop taking it, its just a good idea to get a significant amount of time being clean.

Youre fucking stupid for assuming. Stupid. This is NOT where I wanted this post to go, and I thought it would be a humorous and cool thing to tell you guys about. I thought people were mature enough to handle a story on this site without jumping to conclusions because of one sentence of information. Apparently not. I'll remember to just sticking to posting about growing.

My doctor was buying milk because his kid spilled all the milk at the house, he said.

There's no reason for name-calling plus it's not allowed anyway. You're the one who posted about the suboxone. If you didn't want anyone to reply to that part of your post, you shouldn't have posted it. *RMJL

***I dont normally name call but if you notice, I was called stupid right off the bat in HIS post. Secondly, I'm sorry but the guy is just wrong. I apologize for calling him stupid in retaliation.***

7. #7 Motoxridah, Apr 21, 2009
    First of all buddy, I never tried calling you out I just don't understand why my tax dollars have to support someone who can't use suboxone moderately. For your information, I too was a former heroin addict and used suboxone for 1 month and then completely went clean. I never felt that I needed to use suboxone for 2 years to come off of a drug addiction. If you are still feeling withdrawals a year after you "slipped up" then there's something wrong with your medulla oblongata

8. Sliver just got owned^^^

9. That's crazy shit...lol:smoking:

10. I'm not trying to 'beat' him in a arguing match. I'm just simply saying that suboxone can be used to get a heavy heroin addict off of it completely in a maximum of 2 months. You start with 3 a day and each week take a smaller dose. It's very helpful and effective. I don't mean to bash on you, Sliver, and I didn't realize this was your first thread, I was just trying to state my opinion. Sorry bro

11. just because u were able to get off of the drug so easily/quickly doesnt mean that other people are automatically going to be able to do it just as quick as u..... some people have addictive personallities and with that combined with a strong drug like heroin people may take years to get off that shit... im sure that if he was able to be completely clean then thats what he would do and it doesnt seem like hes replacing one drug for another because why the fuck wouldnt he just start using heroin again

12. Thats cool, I'm just high as shit, busted out laughing when I read your post. This warranted my post.

I seems sliver is taking the way him and his doctor seem is the right method. I did think that sub had an extremely long half life there for hard to get off of when your on it for extended periods of time.

13. Well, you are wrong. Via wiki: The withdrawal from Buprenorphine is quite similar to that of other opioids, but like methadone, it has a long half life, causing a longer, but milder withdrawal.

And: Like methadone treatment, buprenorphine treatment can last anywhere from several days (for detoxification purposes) to eighteen months if patient and doctor both feel that is the best course of action. Additionally, the opinion of those in the medication assisted treatment field is generally shifting to longer-term treatment periods, which may last indefinitely, due to the anti-depressant effects opioids seem to have on some patients, as well as the high relapse potential among those patients discontinuing maintenance therapy.

You obviously have no medical background. Longer usage of opiates leads to stronger and heavier withdrawls.

14. Glad you didnt get extremely sick and possibly die. :wave:

15. #15 Sliver, Apr 21, 2009
    Suboxone itself is addictive. there are lengthy withdrawals when getting off it. something i didnt know when i started taking it. A. You called me stupid. B. YOUR tax dollars dont support my prescription. i pay 280.00 a month for the prescription. Again, you dont know what you're talking about because, again, you dont know me and apparently you don't know much about suboxone.... Again, the name calling started with him, i realize that two wrongs dont make a right but posting ON my post? Yes the withdrawals last a long time. I would have to be out of work. I can't afford that. I should have known not to leave the non-flaming growers section. I apologize for calling you stupid back as retaliation for you calling me stupid. Lets fucking start over. Jesus.

16. dang man, first i thought you was lyin
    when you told me the milk he was buyin
    cause its not everyday ya get lucky
    An when you dont, that shit is sucky,
    Just be happy your feelin' fi-yne
    peace yall

17. Fuck yo medulla oblongotta. The problem is that you got all them teeth but noooooo toothbrush

18. LOL ^^^ dude is hilarious.

19. Good job quitting heroin!

Not sarcastic, really.