"Wow... these teams suck."

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TheWorkingStiff, Jun 26, 2011.

1. I am an umpire for a local ballpark. About a week-and-a-half ago, I worked a 14-year-old baseball game. Usually, the kids that play at this age group know what they are doing; they know the general rules of baseball. I was really looking forward to a good game.

But these teams SUCKED.

I worked behind the plate calling balls/strikes. In all, I called about 5 balks the whole game - for both teams. They were really obvious too. Not only were the kids balking on pitches, they complained about everything during the whole game, and seemed confused at all times. One kid even started pitching in the stretch position, and after he came set to pitch, he did the wind-up before he threw the pitch. I was laughing my ass off. Even after I called a "balk" and explained my reason for doing so, he still continued to balk every single time. The funniest part of the game was the very end. There was bases loaded with two outs. The offensive team only needed one more run to end the game (due to mercy rule). The coach on the defensive team decided to change pitchers because it was a sticky situation. While the pitcher was taking his warm-up throws, I noticed that he wasn't coming to the set position. So, I decided to be nice and tell the catcher that he can go up to the mound and tell his pitcher to come set. He just looked at me blankly and said, "Oh... don't worry. We'll be fine." After the pitcher was done with his warm-ups, I called time-in. I called balk on his very first pitch and they ended up losing the game because the run that scored from third was the winning run.

Right when I left the field, I laughed so hard that I almost passed out.

2. it would be so funny to watch the umpire for a 14 year old's baseball game walk of the field laughing his ass off after one team won based off a mercy rule lol

3. I couldn't help it, man. They were that terrible.

4. bitch's

5. Real sports are a lot different from the ones on their xboxes.

6. Where do you ump bro?

I'm a level 3 ump in Ontario and I know exactly what your talking about some of the younger age groups can be hell to ump. It doesn't help that most coaches don't even have there certificate there just parents who think they know it all.....especially when it comes to the balk rule

7. hahahaha epic, i wanted to ump this summer, but my other 3 jobs didnt allow for it. o well.