WOW!!!!!! thats f'in bright!!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by herbalistic2003, Jan 3, 2007.

1. was up peeps. just got a 70w hps for free!!! this thing is bright!!! well at least compared to the cfls currently in use. the box is about 18''w x18''d x55''h. the space is pretty tight for this much light eh? should there be a couple of cfls towards the bottom?

2. no not really, mines 24x28x56 high and ive got a 250 HPS and 300 watts of fluoros and cfls.

so yea get as many lights in there as you can!!

3. There should be as much light you can possibly fit in there while keeping it under 80-85 degrees.

4. HOLY SHIZZLE!!!!!! are you guys serious. thats alot of light deaf! obviously im not an expert. now i guess i need to get the seeds,soil and fert thing down and i'll be in heaven. there should be a place to share our little 'creations' with each other. growers only, know what i mean. oh well, peace out and stay up!

5. lol there is a grow journal section..

6. he means share the weeds we grow... if only everyone could be trusted... imagine that shit!?

7. ^^ i wish we lived in a world where we could do that. fucking government.

8. My can isn't much bigger, 30x19x49. I've got 256 watts of flourescent side lighting and 165 watts of flourescent canopy lighting. 36,800 lumens total.

9. so what kinda hit does your power bill take with all that light?

is it better to pack in tons of CFL's or go with an HPS set up? I'm starting out and hesitant to commit to one or the other.

I've read 100w per plant.. and I want to do 5 plants, so i need 500w or so, should i just get a craplod of florec. (better coverage of light from mutliple angles) or 1 bright as heat makin HPS??

sorry to thread jack..

here's the space i have to work with http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/130897-new-guy-question-site-set-up.html

Thanks!

10. thats a good question!!!! i would ponder that it is better to have light down below also to help down there. however, hps gives off a certain part of the light spectrum. can't remember if it is blue or red though. you should have blue or red for veg and blue or red for flower. maybe someone who reads this will set some shiite straight.peace.

11. MH is the blue spectrum good for vegging
    HPS is the red spectrum and is better for flowering

Flourescents and CFLs come in many different color temps.

As for the HPS or Fluoros question, I reccomend if heat is an issue, a combination of both is my reccomendation.

Fluoros up the walls, and lower wattage HPS for the canopy!

12. thanks deaf. we've got 2 48 fl tubes that are plant and aquarium bulbs. they give of blues and reds, 2 75w fl, 2 100wfl and a crappy fl flood light thing.its not to bright but every little bit helps. the plants are vegging right now. four of em. the're doin great.found out the one in flower is male. its separated with 1 70w hps. just to grow it.peace.

13. I've got eight 32 watt T8 bulbs in the side lighting, six 6500k (blue) bulbs and two 3000k (red) bulbs. I've got three 55 watt 2G11 bulbs in the canopy, two 6500k (blue) bulbs and one 3000k (red) bulb. This is for vegging.

For flower I'll run two 6500k (blue) bulbs and six 3000k (red) bulbs in the side lighting and one 6500k (blue) bulb and two 3000k (red) bulbs in the canopy.