wow, just wow! my baby is broken!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by bluntman889, Jun 30, 2010.

1. #1 bluntman889, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2010
    Never thought I'd see the day when I'd be making one of these threads about one of my pieces getting broken...but here I stand.

Last night my HVY mini beaker may have met its maker....one of my good friends. Not your typical story of breaking a bong, this one has a little more to it.

I was supposed to stay in last night and finish typing a paper that's due at the end of next week. My buds call me and beg me to bring the bong over and smoke with them for a little while, so I do. We get over there and are firing up bowl after bowl fine like usual...until.

This is where the story turns, one of my good friends, who we'll call "lucky," was sitting in between me and another friend who were smoking the bowl. I had just taken my hit and set the bong down on the table so he could grab it and take his hit. My friend lucky, who was being a complete deuschebag for no reason last night decides that it would be funny to reach over and punch me for the hell of it. He leans over from the couch and takes a solid, but harmless and playful strike at my thigh. Little did he know my thigh was touching the table that the bong was sitting on. The blow to my leg caused the table to shake and knocked the bong over right onto the floor. Cracked the ashcatcher right in half and broke the joint weld on the bong.

No big deal right? shit happens and this dude is one of my good friends, so I know he's a good guy. I didn't even say anything when it happened, mainly b/c I was in shock after watching my prized possession fall to the ground. WRONG! My friend (knowing exactly what had just happened) looks at me with some sort of shit-eating-grin and says "well good job dude, way to knock your bong off!" I couldn't believe what I just heard!

To make a short story, turned long, a little less long, we ended up getting in an argument about it and he refuses to pay or even take blame b/c (these are his exact words..realy) "i was being too big of a pussy and it wasn't him that caused it to fall over." He told me that I caused it to fall over b/c I had "flinched" when he hit me and that caused it to break. If he would have been hit he wouldnt have been such a pussy and wouldnt have flinched ect... I called him out on it and everything and he just tried to act like he didn't do anything wrong.

I'm much more shocked and disappointed in my friends actions than the actual bong breaking. To make it even worse, two of my other good friends were in the room, saw the whole thing take place, and refused to say anything about it. I'm pretty shaken up just b/c this is a guy I had alot of respect for and looked up to...until last night. I've lost almost all respect for him as of this point, as well as alot of respect for my other friends in the room.

I know that a bong breaking is a small thing in life, but it's the principle of the matter I'm looking at here. What happened to the days when people manned up for their actions and took responsibility? That's something my father always taught me and I guess that's just gone out the window now-a-days. I know for a fact if I had been in that other position I would have payed for the broken bong, b/c it's the right thing to do. (Note: this isn't the first instance of something like this happening. He has done a couple of other things in the past month that have seriously made me question the way I view him as a man and friend as well, this was just the final straw to me).

anyone have any input/feedback? sry no pics, but you guys think I'm right here in thinking this, or overreacting?

*EDIT* go to this thread here to see pics of the bong and my resolution to what happened. thanks for reading and replying

http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-t...tem-my-bong-slides-lots-pics.html#post7960119

2. Nah, you are not in the wrong, your friend who broke it is a scum bag. I don't really blame the other friends, they just didn't want to get into it and take sides. That kid should pay for the bong, especially since you were letting him use it. If you still have the bong, and really don't like that kid now, next time you see him smash the rest of it on his head or soemthing and be like "Dude your head just broke my bong because you were too stupid to see it floating there" and just fuck with him.

3. The kid has alot of my smoking tools. His room seems to be the usual toking spot for me and my group, so I gave him my stem jar, piece, vape, stash jar, wooden box for storing everything, a bunch of bluntwraps and joint wraps, and some hemp rope as a nice centerpiece for his room and to have for when we all smoke together. And my bong is usually over there as well....

haha I seriously had the exact same thought earlier tonight. He has a piece as well and I just thought about next time we use it just smashing it and being like, "what the f*** did your floor do that to your bowl for"

4. First stop hanging with self-hating immature latent homosexuals. Second. find some mellow friends who will treat your shizz like it's their own. Finally, the next time someone punches you, jaw jack them. Regardless of you win or lose the fight, I guarantee they won't punch you again. Besides if your rugged enough, you'll call him a bitch as he is knocked out on the floor.

5. You can't change the past so don't stay so pissed about it.

Let him know if he's not willing to help compensate at all for the bong, being it an accident, then I say ditch the kid. Don't surround yourself with D-bags, period. Remove that negative energy from your life.

6. I used to smoke with someone, and they didn't ever buy anything themselves, not even weed, daddy paid for it all. Well he started being more abusive than i like to my shit, and he always got upset if he didn't get it his way. Trust me, once I stopped hanging out with him my life got a whole lot better.

7. i would go over like all is normal to smoke..but when you get there make sure to gather up your things. just be cool, don't start any fights, but let him know what's up...tell him he's paying for your shit. if not..i would stand up and walk out. maybe even with his piece as collateral

if he tries to start shit - knock his ass out! don't be his bitch..it really sounds like the guy is a punK! hopefully your friends will realize this eventually too, otherwise they're not worth your time either..just do what u gotta do

8. Sounds like a real asshole. At least these beasts are only 50$! Get another.

(I have a HVY beaker which i love to death.)

They can have alot added to them and if you fill it right will have little to no drag.

My current set-up is HVY Mini Beaker, with 2010bc Gridded Downstem, WD* Ash Catcher with slit diffuser, and OregonGlassWork Ice Pinch Slide. All i need is a Carbon Filter.

Attached Files:

9. Wow, if hes going to be like that don't let him use your pieces anymore. Its OBVIOUS it was his fault and if he is too much of a bitch to take the fault then screw him. The rule I go by, and I let EVERYONE know this the first time they smoke with me, if you break a piece you buy me one that is twice as expensive. That way they are extremely careful with your stuff.

Hope you get some compensation out of this whole deal bro.

SORRY ABOUT YOUR BABY :( I know how it is.

10. Man that kid doesn´t sound very nice, as stated already. If i was even in the same room with my freind and his Bong broke, if i was part of it or not i would feel horrible. And if i was contirubting or god forbid the cause of it breaking i would be mortified. I would offer to pay for it like hell, and i´d feel like shit. Sorry bout your baby. Hope you get it covered soon, all the best! :wave:

11. Fact is he's not a true friend. As time goes on, you find out who your true friends are. And in most cases, you'll realize there's not many of them.

I would either cut him out of your life, or remain friends after he paid for it. I assume you can't beat him by the way he was talking to you, but throwing down is always worth a try.

As for the other friend's in the room, if they aren't backing you up that it was his fault then fuck them too. They use you for your bong so they don't have to buy one, then don't take responsibility for it?

12. That's total bull. I agree with everything you said and would not call that douchebag a "friend." Good luck with a new tube or a fix man.

13. My friend knocked my first RooR over and broke the base completely. Its still a functioning tube but since he broke it, he went out and payed for $220 of my Sheldon Black the VERY NEXT DAY. thats a great feriend for ya. your friends suck sorry man

14. if i had just seen my bong break and someone said that shit to me in that moment where your at a loss for words i would've fucking freaked out for sure. even when just my downstem broke i didnt know what to say for at least ten seconds

15. Thanks for the replies everyone!

update: So after taking the HVY out and looking at it, its still useable b/c w/ the proper downstem the joint seals itself back up...but it's still f'ng broken...and the next time it gets tapped hard or knocked on its side its gonna go completely.

To complicate things even more: This was a fraternity brother of mine, one with a high position in the fraternity. Im a new member, just initiated last semester. This kinda throws a loop in things b/c he's just trying to abuse his power and seniority over me. I called him out on that too. He just layed on the couch the whole time and didnt even bother to look at me. The fraternity is automatically going to back him just b/c of his seniority, but im just getting majorly screwed here.

I'm def still really bummed about it, b/c i worked a long as time to save up the cash for this piece. All-in-all it was $270 worth of stuff. 14'' 10 tree perc HVY mini beaker bottom w/ a custom ash catcher and downstems from my local headshop (all blown to look like it was meant to be together, awesome looking piece)

After thinking a while about it last night I don't think I'm gonna make any rash decisions. Like someone above said. I'm just gonna head over tomorrow and pack up all of my stuff that's there. Like yall said, I need to get away from these people and get around some other people who respect my stuff and me. These people, while still my friends, (now I feel) have basically just been using me for my stuff, they made that clear last night when they didnt give a shit whether I stayed or not after the bong broke. It just sucks people care that little about friendships now-a-days that something like this is so easy for people to throw friendships away for.

16. Fraternitys usually don't work out in an independent manner like this so you're making a good choice leaving it behind. A brother needs to be a true friend first, meaning you have to have feelings for the person. When shit hits the fan, are these people you're going to put yourself at stake for to help? That's the real question.

You can't find brotherhood by joining a group.

17. Yea, I didn't want to bring that up to distract from the original topic. This is not the fraternity acting as a whole, this is one member of the group, but it sucks because we are supposed to be able to work stuff out like this. I don't want this thread to turn into a bashing of fraternities or the fraternal system, just concentrate on what happened

POSITIVE: Went back to my local headshop today and had to cancel my order on the downstems I had previously ordered for the a/c and the bong. I did HOWEVER talk to the owner and explain to him what happened and hes gonna get the shops blower to blow me the first one of his new showerhead downstems. He just got the materials that are gonna allow him to start blowing showerhead-type downstems and bubblers. Pretty excited about that.

By the end of next week I should have myself a new showerhead downstem...maybe that will help fix the hurt of what happened

18. That is the biggest "dick move" story I have ever heard. My condolences go out to you for mental anguish, and to your bong for breaking. That must suck. True friend would man up, and take responsibility. I've broken a friends bong before, not proud of it, but I took responsibility for it, paid him for it, and we're still friends.

19. didn't know the whole frat thing..much respect then for you being the bigger person. especially when it relates to school, its not worth it to throw away any opportunities because of one asshole. definitely get the rest of your stuff back in your own hands though! sucks, but live and learn i guess..! hope all works out..post pics when you get the showerhead!

20. working on getting a camera so I cant start posting pics. This guy makes some mean downstems. The one I have from this guy is a much better quality piece than the original HVY downstem that came with the bong. They're real thick and almost completely flush when inserted. Can't wait to see the showerhead he comes up with. I've seen one before on an ashcatcher he blew and I was really impressed