Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wow... it's way too much now.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Synthos420, May 19, 2010.

1. do not start to quit in the morning. its super hard. i prefer to do a final wake and bake then sober up that day. cus the morning after is always the time u want it the most.

2. I'm glad that works for you, but in general it's suggested that with any habit it's best to start fresh in the morning and not indulge in it at all. For most people that will work far better than doing 'one final wake and bake'.

3. No doubt

4. I feel the same way, it starts out small you like it you do it more & more until it hardly effects you anymore.
    Just do it, we know it's not physically addictive & we have to physical withdrawels.
    Tell your mind you will quit for a bit. I quit for about 2 months and when i got back on the weed wagon my highs were better.
    I miss the things that i would think & the things i would write, i also miss when i very first started & everything was hilerious now im boring old bong head with nothing else on her mind but getting high.
    Stupid me>.<

5. Exactly. It used to be amazing. But time passed, and as theres nothing to do in this town I kinda just smoked whenever I got bored. That shot my tolerance up alot since I was smoking almost every hour. Yea then it was just like... I wanna smoke, i wanna smoke. Ok I smoked, now I just feel normal. <-- thats how it was for awhile but im on day 14 and I smoked when I woke up this morning.

Wow. Took 2 rips out of the bong, wasn't feeling it. So I started to roll a gram blunt, but halfway through rolling it I got fuckin falcon punched right in the face. Oh my god, it's the highest I've been in 8-10 months.

My advice to everyone? Not happy with where your weed is getting you? Go 2 weeks cold turkey then start up again in the morning. HOLY SHIT! Oh yea, and California here I come :cool:

6. I imagine it's different for everybody but here's how it works with me. I've been a daily smoker for a lot of years now and have a high tolerance. The only time I don't smoke is when I travel out of the country a few times a year. Those trips last anywhere from a couple days to more than a month.

2 days off - A little difference but not much

1 week off - A noticeable difference

2 weeks to a month - A very significant difference

After about three or four weeks it doesn't matter how long I go without, I really don't get any higher. I had this talk with someone else on here a while back and they were hung up on getting all traces of THC out of your body (30 to 60 days according to him) but that's not how it works with me. One thing I have noticed is that the longer I go without, the longer it takes for my tolerance to build back up. If I take a week off, those first few highs hit hard but after that I'm pretty much back to normal. If I take a month off, it takes a lot longer.

7. Quitting or just cutting back is a process. If I want to quit, I give myself a couple days (or more if you're smoking a lot) to ween myself off. If I want to get high on those days, then I do. The key is that once you get high you delay your next smoke. The next time you feel like lighting up, just put if off for a few hours by finding something else to do. Works for me.

8. where did you get that type of melatonin pills, if you don't mind me asking?
    I got 3mg regular pills and i take about 2 or 3 to actually feel its effect.

Oh and OP the best advice would be to wean off of an O and a half a week to something alot less idk im high:smoking:

9. Got it handled man, haha. Actually I ended it already, read above.

10. Good luck cutting back :)

11. Its comforting to know other people smoke to 'feel normal'!! :hello:

Sobriety is a fun change after you've been roasted for months but any prolonged period of not smoking that isnt a t break i just feel unreasonably bored in almost all social situations and dont enjoy doing anything half as much as when im high. Iv been smoking 6+ years now so i can handle my amounts pretty well but i think everyone goes through that period of buying, what you know is probably, way too much. Saying that if i could grow my own and smoke half a pound a week id be a happy man.

12. dude.....just quit smoking...its not difficult.

13. Thanks I know quitting isnt difficult...

The point of the thread was asking if the amount of time I suggested would be enough. Lol.

14. That's some fucked up dough to spending per week on one unit. Do you really need to smoke 40+ grams a week? Do you even get high anymore? Alas if I think back to all the money I've droped on weed that I coulda saved.. well I'd be one rich ass kid. But yeah in essence it sounds like you should quit for a while and live the sober life. Shit will be key later. Advantages? More money in your pocket and when you do attempt to blaze later... damn youll be high

15. welcome back!:smoking:
    and in advance, WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA, THE ULTIMATE DESTINATION:hello:

16. Not sure if this has been addressed but I am a pizza delivery driver and i easily make 1600 a month.