Wow I just got extremely lucky

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SH0T3, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Thats not luck:confused:,u just got fucked up,ur going to get pulled over everytime they see you man,ur showing ur weed to a cop,u get all ur stuff taken,and u say ur lucky???:mad:

2. im pretty sure i read somewhere, at least in california, that the smell is probable cause enough to allow the officer to search without a warrant

3. ya if i was the cop i still woulda busted you for d.u.i.
    idiot

4. Anywhere in the US; smell is probable cause.

This has nothing to do with when he smoked, the cop smelled it regardless.

You did the right thing OP. He was going to search your car, he would have found it all eventually.

5. why is everybody bitchin. i think he did the right thing and you got lucky.
    1) you fucked up parking
    2) your car smelt like weed
    anyone in their right mind would have knowin what was going down.
    i think that cop was really fuckin nice too just take your shit. he could have put your ass in jail and made you pay fine over 500 not including court fees and that counseling shit they make you do. in this situation the OP did the right thing.

6. if i was him i would of done the same thing, i wouldnt lie when i know there gonna search anyways.

7. Obviously the people in this thread don't know there facts.
    Because smell IS a probable cause. I know this because I used to have this can of car air freshener strong smelling stuff. I got pulled over and the officer said (very nicely) if he could confiscate it because people use it to cover up the smell of drugs, and he doesn't like to see 'criminals' get away because they cover up the smell of weed. Then he said I seemed like a nice person, and he didn't think I was someone who did drugs, and he just didn't want me to end up getting in trouble down the road.

Play it cool, respect them, and don't be a sketch and you will get yourself into much less trouble. Remember they are just trying to do their job, and they are above you. As much as I don't like police, I just relax and don't sketch out and get tense, that's a DEAD give away, and they have lots of training and theyre pretty good at knowing when someones lying.

I think OP did the right thing, because if he lied and they searched his car he'd be screwed. So good job being the mature one in the situation.

8. Thats rich. Do you think cops actually follow their own protocol? Your naive.
    If the cop says that he smells weed he is gonna search both you and the car. Smell IS probable cause.

9. Well to all the people saying im dumb or w/e for giving him the bud I could honestly care less, i'd rather lose a couple grams n a pipe than go to jail and have that on my recrod.

10. Why wouldn't you just roll your windows down to get the smell out?

11. I had them down but we had just smoked like 10 minutes before hand so it wasn't really aired oiut to much.

12. whaat? since when?

oh, and. ...not after he smells the weed.

13. The car smelled of weed. THAT is probable cause. OP fucked up trying to park, the officer believed he was under the influence. THAT is probable cause...It didnt fucking matter whether or not OP consented or gave the officer the pot. A search was inevitable.

14. He can't say he's gonna search your car the next time he sees you, it's basically a threat and that's not right, he needs to learn how to do his job.

15. why wouldn't you have a spray if you knew you were gonna hotbox?

its better to have you and your car smell like a shit-load of Axe then smell like weed when it comes to the bacon

16. i almost got caught by the cops one night. it was terrible, i actually hadn't been smoking that day at all but i had my bowl and like 2 grams in the glovebox. my car was sitting in a parking lot at night and i was just chillin outside of it with a few friends. it was mad late like 2 am and of course the cop rolls up on us and is like wheres the weed. But we were all clean so he only searched the car with a flashlight. He wanted to get inside and he asked if he could search the car but i told him he coudlnt because it was my dads and he had personal stuff inside it. I guess he bought it, i got mad lucky though cause later the next day when i went to drive there was a dub bag sitting right next to a paper bag.

to be completely honest idk how he didn't see it but im glad he didn't cause i was leaving for school in like three days and i would of been FUCKKKKKEDDDD

17. OP - for what it's worth, I think you did the right thing. Lying to the cops never works out in your favor. It sounds like you were fairly straight up with him. He appreciated that, and as a reward you got to keep your freedom that day. The stuff he took wasn't worth anything to speak of. It can all be easily replaced I am sure.

Cool story, bro :cool:

18. When i got arrested (and ticketed over 30 times) I learnt a few valuable lessons when dealing with cops:
    1. STFU and don't say shit except "I want my lawyer present, its my right"
    2. Only lie if you are 100% sure you are going to get away with it.
    3. Don't be a smart ass.
    4. If its not the real police (i.e. public security, security guards), TELL THEM TO GO FUCK THEMSELVES!

19. He's right, smell IS probable cause; you did the right thing OP.

20. No, it isn't. I got pulled over after hotboxing a bowl and a blunt. Cop came up, took our licenses, and went back to his car. He comes back up, starts shining his flash light all around, obviously nothing is out in the open though. Gave us our licenses back, asked if we had any marijuana, we obviously said no. Then he told us to have a good night and be careful. Smell is not probable cause.\

If smell was probable cause, then they wouldn't need to ask to search the vehicle, they would just do it. If a cop sees a joint sitting out in the open, he won't ask, he will just search.