WOW! I just convinced my mom...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by jed3894, Jan 7, 2010.

1. My mom is very anti marijuana and just anti drugs in general, but she is still a relatively open minded person. We often have discussions about the legality and health issues of marijuana and other drugs and today it happen to come up again because I was telling her how I'm interested in toxicology and what not. It is quite difficult to convince someone who has never tried any type of psychoactive drug that being "high" on a drug can be very much a positive and mind changing experience. Anyways I just discussed with her that changing your perception and the way you normally think about things should be looked at in a very positive manner rather than a negative one, which is often advertised in propoganda by our wonderful government who only wants the best for us. Anyways, long story short I explained to her that non toxic psychoactive drugs in moderation is okay, just like everything else in life, calculated risks are taken to recieve the benefits. So at the end of this long discussion it seemed that she was a lot more accepting of safe drug use because she realized that getting high isn't all about being fucked up, but a change in perception of how you normally view things and a change in the way your mind thinks, which seems as though to be an absolutely positive thing and sometimes even a learning experience.

That was probably much longer than it needed to be haha sorry guys.

Anyways toke on :smoking:

2. always nice when someone who is ANTI anything has a break through. My parents are cool with my smoking, hell, they even join in sometimes.

maybe some day you'll get to spark one with your mom and show her its not all bad

3. Thats pretty awesome sounds like you had a great argument on your side. I just talked to my mom about my weed usage and she took it great which is a great feeling to not have to hide it anymore. Now I just have to talk to my dad who has no Idea.

4. Good for you man.:hello: