Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

wow, I had a really scary experience on ganja yesterday!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by infiniteawesome, Apr 1, 2006.

1. When I had the stomach flu, my sister told me to smoke cause thats they only way your going to get to eat something. So I did, and about halways through the bowl (I had the flu for a week and that session was the first in about 5 days) I felt like I was going to pass out. Like my vision was real meesed up sorta how you get lightheaded. But this shit felt real bad, felt like I was on the brink of passing out but I didn't. It continued for about 10 minutes after I went to lay down with my nephew to watch some cartoons. That calmed me down a bit.
    Peace

2. Ive done that...scared the shit out of me :eek:

3. that's happened to me before, but not after smoking. I guess I got out of bed too fast in the morning and in the shower I could feel myself getting lightheaded and all, then I get out and I eventually go completely blind until I sit down, I even remember seeing all light purple/grey for a small moment :confused:, definitely scared the crap outta me

4. man i had a really scary experience yesterday too. Idk what it was, i just smoked 1 bowl of shake. The effects were instant. I had to sit down. I tried listening to music but it was to loud and i kept lowering it but it was still to loud on like the lowest volume. I've got a really trippy poster in my room and i saw all the shit moving on it. i was like what the fuck. i got kinda nausius (sp?) and tried drinking water but i forgot how to swallow! haha. i was really really paranoid so i went into my bed and tried to sleep. i tossed around for about 45 minutes and fell asleep. I was mad paranoid at the time, but now looking back i wish i could have reminded myself "dude your just really high" and enjoyed it more...

5. i got really dizzy today after smoking, i stood up super fast.

6. once, i was at a party and it was my first time smoking out a glass bong, and i took one hit (i had smoked a few joints before) and everything went kinda purple. so im sitting in this kitchen. and then everything goes black.. and i cant see shit, then my hearing starts to change.. and then i could hardly hear, all in all i needed a little fresh air and i felt better,

another time me and a friend had just smoked some weed that came off a friends plant earlier that week, and we smoked about 2-3 bowls between 4 of us, and we were walking back to the car and she fell... right in the middle of the road, so then, i pick her up carry her to the car where she says shes ok and gets out for fresh air and blacks out again. hits her head on the curb, so then i picked her up and put her back in the car for the second time, and then she snaps out of it,

upon thinking it could be from lack of oxygen, because when you smoke your inhaleing carbon monoxcide(sp?) and yeah she was hitting that shit hard, lol

7. i went blind in a movie theatre once i stood up and the room tipped and spun and i lost my vision, when it calmed down there was a nice man standing by me, us 2 the only ones left in the theatre he said he stayed to make sure i was ok :) some people are just truly good people, this man struck me as one of those guys.

8. Although it is tempting to blame the pot, sight loss like that is totally unheard of as a negative side effect of marijuana. If it was a typical semi-fainting spell due to low blood pressure, that wouldn't be out of the ordinary.

Check out http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_effects.shtml for good info on pot and health problems.

The way I figure, there are two possibilities. If your pot could have been laced with some other drug, the mystery drug may have caused your blindness. If you think that is unlikely, then you may want to see a doctor. Spells of temporary blindness, especially extended ones like yours, can signal possible artery problems, with a possible risk of heart attack.

You should seriously consider a visit to the doctor if you are overweight, you have high cholesterol, or you have a family history of diabetes.

But, the best medical advice I can give any patient is, in the words of marijuanologist Dr. Dre: "Hey, hey, hey, hey - Smoke weed every day."

9. i have never gone blind, i wonder how much weed it would take me to.

10. sounds odd. i had a similar experience but mine was everything went a brighter shade of wot it actually was but jesus.

if you're gonna smoke MaryJane again I'd suggest takin' slow hits until you feel alright :smoking:

11. I didn't read the other posts, if someone has said this... but I'm pretty sure I know what happened.

You moved or stood up to fast. It happens to me a lot... my vision goes all black. and then slowly blocks back in like a pixalated screen effect. Lack of oxygen to the brain I believe....

12. Yeah one time i was behind a LAN place smoking with my boy, and i went blind for a complete minute, he thought i was joking, but i was on the ground and shit

13. it was a headrush... i hate those things

14. i hate stupid ass people like that. like you go fucking blind and they think your joking! its like what the fuck do i have to have a knife or sumtin comin out of my face in order for you to believe that im not joking about being hurt or sumtin???

15. my friend had this happen to him while he was walking down the steps
    sure enough he fell all the way down then walked into a wall
    other than that never heard it happening

16. same exact thing with me. its happned several times. the first time i smoked i was totaly blind but all i couild see was these ornage and purple blobs that covered my whole vision.this also happend to me in the middle of a grocery store when i was standing in line with chocolate ad i passed out and knocked over 3 huge candy shelves and was on the ground for like 10 minutes lol. but it wasnt from stadning up fast or holding my breath

17. yea dude its the blood pressure. happens to me all the time even when i aint high, but i have really low blood pressure. but its harmless dont worry.