Wow GC has changed

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Gelato41, Jan 8, 2019.

1. I use to be active on GC about 6-7 years ago. For the life of my I can't remember my old username. but oh well. Nice to be back and great to see GC is still the top forum for Cannabis info. Funny how alot has changed in the cannabis growing world but all still the same.

I've been doing Hydro all this time, but decided to give Soil/Organic a go since everyone keeps saying how much better it taste. Came back to find all the info I needed. Lets see what happens.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Not really sure about that taste statement, ive never been able to establish a difference so i eventually stopped believing all the hype and went with hydro permanently. Welcome back to the forum and happy growing!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome back fella!

4. That has been my sentiment for years now. There is no taste difference. But I will get a chance to find out for myself. The hydro setups are all running, and I'll be using clones, so I will get to do a side by side comparison.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Awesome, if you do a journal i would be interested in subbing up and following along

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I see no difference in taste as long as the hydro is flushed well. I do both organic soil and Hempy or coco DTW. Yield and potency is always won by hydro, by a lot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hmmm That could be interesting. Soil vs Hydro outdoors side by side. I know for a fact hydro will out yield but if there was a taste difference..

8. My gut says hydro will produce more, and also the taste will be different. But not by much. No diff than using different nutes. Flaves won’t be identical, but should still carry main flavors of the strain.

9. Hmmm that brings up a good point. There is no way to make it a true side by side, because the soil will have different amendments and the hydro will have hydro nutes (even if it is organic nutes.)

10. Welcome back, Blade! Dunno if you're already set on a particular soil mix, but if not, check out the No-Till Gardening: Revisited thread. It's over 700 pages now, but it's got some great info from page one. The more recent pages may have some adjustments to teas or amendments that people prefer. Just my 2¢

11. Yeah that taste nonsense is all wives tall tale shit. You can get great flavor with any grow method, just need to do it right.

It’s those assholes in the industry that think they can use PGRs and think their shit doesn’t stink ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. You see i also believed organic would taste better that's why I was running this dummy run I got going looks like I was duped as much as new growers buying Chinese blurple led if they are even worthy the name led but welcome back to GC looking forward to seing a journal from you too good luck happy growing buddy.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Organic is pure marketing hype. In fact organic veggies are by far the dirtiest in terms of recalls.

I use aqua flakes (ppl say not organic). It’s derived from seaweed and kelp.

Nice thing about being a late adopter to trends is I skip all bs ones that burn out fast.

Just think for a minute... organics supposedly = natural vs ‘chemical’ nutes etc...

Then why does it cost more? Shouldn’t it be cheaper?

• Like Like x 1
  14. And on that note I suppose I'm not going to get my tastier bud haha although I must say biobizz soil has impressed me so far

15. I’m sure it will tasty using organics or not.

Taste depends on:

Strain
    Flush
    Curing

Tastiest smoke ever will be crap if not cured right. Nutes are nutes. If they grow your plant then the plant has no idea how they were derived. Nor does it care.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Yes curing bud is extremely important for all aspects taste smell bag appeal you just naturally think organic is better I suppose but I hear dankalato is a very tasty strain and should be brilliant for my condition your points for me are strong and viable and make allot of sense.

17. That’s basically the stance I’ve always taken.

18. I'm happy with organics. I'm in Canada and I have a legal grow (4 plants) I just wanted quality bud grown in a fairly hands off medium that I know won't flood my house or kill off my plants if something goes wrong, or I get stuck away from home for a day or two. Something with a little more of a buffer. Never tried organics before....soil yes....organics no. So, why not?

I did a piss poor soil prep, not a very good "cook" of the soil, no amendments, NO WORM CASTINGS FFS! (Can't believe I forgot them) Sheep shit and compost, and have been feeding with kelp and alfalfa meal teas with the occasional BioThrive fertilizer boost.

3 wks, 4 days into flower ~5 wks to go.
    I can't complain about these results so far, hopefully they keep swelling.
    20190107_222354_HDR.jpg

20190107_222227_HDR.jpg

20190105_180610_HDR.jpg

20190108_055355_HDR.jpg

Good luck with your grow!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Organics grow plants too. Wasn’t suggesting they suck.

It’s just not my thing. Everybody has their own shit they swear by. Placebo or not, if it’s not hurting anyone then what does it matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Yeah someone would have to send me some samples so i could judge for myself LOL