Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

wow. Cannastrips.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by takeahithun, Aug 10, 2012.

1. not sure if legit or not but commercial looks legit.. anyone try them or willing to and report back?

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByH2Qu5EBL8[/ame]

2. I haven't tried them but send me $12 and I'll go to a clinic that has them , try em and I'll do a hour by hour report ....

3. I had something similar to that before...friend brought these THC strips (basically like those mint listerine strips) and they def do work. Was stoned outta my mind walking around NYC all day lol

4. those would definitely take the stealth cake if they really do work that well.

5. Yea came in a very similar pack. Nearly identical but with different labeling

6. Yep, well good that you like it, because you'll have to get used to it. This is the beginning of the Pharmaceutical take over in the US in 2013. This will eradicate all plant matter forms of cannabis and replace it with said products, also similar to the Sativex product actually in effect over in the UK right now.

7. looks pretty awesome, same principles as an edible, but you can make edibles as strong as you want. I guess you could take multiple strips if you wanted. We gotta figure out how to make these

8. The canna strip base (there are several varieties) is just carrageenan and/or gelatin, with a flavoring oil, and sweetener.. sometimes xylitol, sometimes simple powdered sugar.. and they are potentiated with either glycerin hash tincture or hash oil. When using glycerin, where it is sweet, you can cut back on the other sweetener.

They're just tiny edibles!

There's nothing malicious or 'Big Pharma' about them, they just happen to have a more professional or better funded website and ad, than your average mom and pop edible vendors in CA. :D

They are NOTHING like the UK gov-approved GWPharma sativex formula... the strips can be made to include the full array of cannabinoids, terpenes and other natural and medicinal phytochemicals, available in any cannabis train.

And the best news of all, is that anyone can make them with a little wax paper and those four or five easy to find ingredients. You can even make them vegan!

It's just like making gummy candies, but with a much higher ratio of active ingredients (to keep the serving size smaller).

You make the batch a little wet using alcohol, so it can evaporate rapidly and set up properly, then use a small roller or brush to create a 'film' on wax paper, then snip into size and peel from the paper once the gel has dried and has retained the oil or tincture.

Canna strips have been around for ages, we were making pina colada, cinnamon, eucalyptus, strawberry, and blueberry flavors (plus the usual peppermint and spearmint) maybe 10 years ago. :hello:

:)

9. 0:40 thats some quality oil

10. I think that's the first time I've seen a cannabis related commercial/infomercial. The surreality is intense. I wonder what sorts of commercials we'd see on television if this herb were legal.

11. If someone will post specific instructions for making these strips, I'll make the recipe and post the results back here with pictures. BKS says it's like the gummies but stronger, but the gummy recipe doesn't give the fluid amount of tincture/oil that should be used. The potency would be my domain, but I'm sure there's a limit to additional fluids added to the mix before it affects the consistency of the final strips or candy. I have quite a bit of glycerin tincture, coconut oil and even Dragon and would be willing to be the guinea pig. But I don't want to waste my stuff. :cool:

12. Anyone gets reminded of LSD strips haha?
    U can only pick those up in medical mj states like cali or colorado/denver tho...

13. Windowpane.:hippie:

14. Lol no man, incorrect. They didn't synthesize cannabinoids to make these, as they did with Sativex and the like. These are made with cannabis. Much like hash, wax, and edibles of any sort. These are much like cannabis tinctures already in use.

And i'm just not going to comment on the Pharma takeover. All i'm gonna say is that it is pretty hard to make a species of plant grown throughout the world in ever place from dresser drawers a 15 year old kid's mom's basements to mountaintops where it is viewed as sacred.

15. I understood that Sativex is not a synthetic. If i'm understanding correctly it's still made from the plant too. Maybe someone else can clear this up for me?

16. [quote name='"JoeObey"']Yep, well good that you like it, because you'll have to get used to it. This is the beginning of the Pharmaceutical take over in the US in 2013. This will eradicate all plant matter forms of cannabis and replace it with said products, also similar to the Sativex product actually in effect over in the UK right now.[/quote]

People will stil grow ...... I wont sell out to the government unless it gets you high

17. Word. If the government scientists grow some shit that blows my mind I'm buying it. As long as its all safe and kosher I wouldn't give a shit.

18. [quote name='"BottomOfTheBag"']

Word. If the government scientists grow some shit that blows my mind I'm buying it. As long as its all safe and kosher I wouldn't give a shit.[/quote]

I've said this before that I think they government might add a cancer or a lethal dose so they can cause reefer madness again but we'd just say nobody died from weed til we got it from the government ..........or not ........ Why kill off your biggest consumer ?

19. Frank-

Conditional okay for cannabis prescription drug (news - 2005)
    Drug Regulation: Conditional okay for cannabis prescription drug

"Health Canada has conditionally approved the first cannabis- derived prescription pain killer. Cannabis sativa extract (Sativex), an under-the-tongue spray, was approved in April for use as an adjunctive treatment for the symptom relief of neuropathic pain in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS). The drug should be available by June 21."

20. Well there are a great too many of us. We're a cancer ourselves man, at least in such great numbers. Maybe the world, in order to be the beauty it once was; And humanity, to be as free as possible; Could use a little Euthanasia.