Would you want to know "the truth"?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by 2packush420, Apr 14, 2013.

1. If given the opportunity, would you want to know the ultimate truth?

I would, but I feel like I would be killed if it goes against a lot of the popular beliefs.

2. image-2789363575.jpg

Give me nothing but the truth

3. i would definitly want the truth, fuck popular belief

4. depends

if the "truth" means a reeeeally long and detailed recount of everything that ever happened from every perspective possible ... then no, I don't wanna know the whole truth.

just... tell me "shit was going down" and then I can get get baked and forget about it :smoking:

5. The ultimate truth? Shit happen, shit continues to happen, shit that does happen causes new shit to happen. Constant action and reaction, consequence or what have you.

6. Knowing the ultimate truth would be like looking at a line of binary code: 10011011010010100110010010100011101010110101

and just seeing 1:

7. What??? Yeah, this makes no sense.....

8. Actually it makes perfect sense

9. Without darkness we wouldn't know that there is light. One cannot know the ultimate truth, the ultimate truth is contained in all things. One can strive towards truth by illuminating themselves and shedding darkness from their consciousness, but the Ultimate truth isn't a concept that can be grasped by a human being. We can contemplate on the idea of ultimate truth, but that would delve into some very deep philosophy.

btw in binary code 1 is true, 0 is false. Understand?

10. Sometimes I think I can't handle the truth.

11. It would just lead to more questions. What if this "truth" was just leonardo dicaprio in your head feeding you bullshit to take advantage of you. Then you're believing in bullshit for the rest of your life rather than having the great experience of wonder which people seem to take for granted

12. The truth is I was put on this Earth to ball on all yall motherfuckers. I fucked a maserati in the ass and gave birth to a 1967 Buick.

13. For me it's like say the girl u love cheated on u with a best friend of yours u also love (not in a gay way) and then you sit down with the girl and ask her to tell h the whole truth. And I mean the whole truth, how she felt about the whole situation. Did she like it. Did he like it. Did she squirt. Was it good. Better than ours? What position did u fuck in. SO MANY FUCKEN QUESTIONS. But the real questions remains .........CAN U HANDLE THE TRUTH ?

14. My best friend is Lil B so I'm fine with it, in fact I encourage him to fuck my bitch

15. basedgod !

16. #16 f3pro, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2013
    I apologize for my ignorance on binary code. Definitely makes sense now. I also agree with what you had said. We can come to discover only what can be truly known, scientific fact. However, I feel as if each individual will eventually formulate their own subjective view on life and, though the concept may be the same, no two word views are alike.

We may be able to come to a common ground on "the truth", but I do not believe we will be able to ever determine the "truth"....rather "god's" philosohpy.

17. The bitterest of truths is better than the sweetest of lies.

18. Bahahaha I laughed so hard at this.

19. No matter how tragic or painful. Truth is what I seek. I'll grow from every experience.