would you vote Trump to make weed federally legal..?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vee, Jul 2, 2018.

1. [​IMG]
    its in the heading please comment

2. No as I am Canadian ;)

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. No not a chance, late each state decide, they are all waking up. Not a federal issue imo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Great question. I think Trump will use this issue to his advantage in 2020. He'll legalize it federally in 2019. Still won't vote for him though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Of course!!! I’ll be voting for him regardless. But he’s a smart man and won’t be able to resist stealing the thunder from the democrats on this one.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Yes

• Like Like x 1
  7. You can let each state decide and it's still causing banking issues because it's not legal on the federal level. It President Trump wants to legalize federally then I'll vote for him.

• Like Like x 7
  8. I'll just not vote unless there's another candidate for legalization.

9. i wouldn't let legal national weed decide for me who to vote for as president. never had a problem getting it, never will. i've lost count as to how many states are now legal for at least medical. there are more important issues at hand for a POTUS vote decision imo but... if it means that much to you and Bernie runs again but DT says no he won't legalize it would you vote for Bernie?
    :dance2:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Of course I'd like weed legal federally but with the retard sessions in with him I don't think it would ever happen.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. I LOVE TRUMP, I think Trump should fire worthless Jeff Sessions and legalize cannabis today, I can't imagine him not wanting to end marijuana prohibition this is an easy victory for his presidency , or the next Democrat President will do it. its a no-brainer for him to do it but Jeff Session needs to go :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. First, if trump wants to pass anything he needs congressional approval to do so. This means getting at least 60 senators and 2 hundred odd representatives to vote for legislation. There is nowhere near that level of support amongst congressional republicans or democrats. Additionally there is far more support in the democratic caucus but a bill will not be voted on in the house unless a majority of GOP house members support it (this is a common practice in the house of reps). Meaning trump would need to get ober 100 house members to support a bill none of them currently support. This would also require trump to advocate or show a desire to legalize weed. So far he’s indicated that he wants to leave it to the states but not used any of his executive abilities to actually move towards that goal. Luckily he hadn’t moved in the wrong direction but he’s hasn’t shown any real capacity or desire to legalize marijuana or put a more formal policy declaration which leaves it to the states. He hasn’t supported any of the bills in congress which do this (Schumer’s bill or Booker’s bill or Rohrbacher’s bill). He hasn’t signed any EO’s which codify the leave it to the states policy for the duration of his administration. I just don’t buy for a second that he is going to do anything other than what he currently is bound by in the federal law, which the Rohrbacher amendment essentially already mandates a leave it to the states policy as zero federal dollars can go to DEA enforcing marijuana laws against states where it is legal. However there is no bill decriminalizing marijuana and/or officially leaving it up to the states. The current policy just prevents enforcement even though it’s still illegal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. They need to take it off the schedule 1 list,this certainly needs to happen fast??

• Like Like x 1
  14. Some of us are looking to cash in on the “green rush”. I’ll vote for whoever can make this happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  15. Me too, i would vote for him quicker than to shakes of a jack rabbits ass

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 3
  16. He actually has expressed support for Senator Bookers bill. But getting Congress to do ANYTHING, is the real battle. Need to drain that swamp

17. No, I don't like Trump can't believe he is Our (USA) president. He would fuck up and weed would become like alcohol. So no just plain old no.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Didn’t see that. That’s good. You know where he said that

19. Voting for an inept idiot because of one issue that's important to you is irresponsible. That would equate to the bible thumpers voting for him because of the abortion issue. There are more important things than cannabis legalization to worry about - I've been smoking cannabis for 50 yrs. and I have never had an issue getting it or growing it. Besides, just because the clown promises it doesn't mean it will happen. He's not exactly trustworthy. No, I wouldn't vote for the Lyin King, even if he was the only person running.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1