Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would you take weed if it was made in pill form?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by feudalism, Jan 4, 2012.

1. If some guy invented a way to get stoned by taking a pill made from cannabis would you prefer that to smoking it?

notes:

• It is made purely from the cannabis plant (nothing added)
    • It has the exact same effect and duration
    • costs the same
    • no added dangers

2. It is already invented

3. For recreational usage?

4. I take them for both medicinal, and relaxation/social purposes :D

If they are truly 'pure', without a lipid vehicle, you miss out on a ton of potency as it goes 'in one end, and out the other',
    due to its low rate/absorption ability... similar to an improperly processed edible, the same amount of material that could provide you with
    multiple, stronger, more powerful and longer-lasting doses, may not even give you a singe small buzz, without the correct processing.

The oil source you choose, even directly dictates where in your body the cannabinoids are absorbed! Choose the wrong oil, and
    you miss out on the conversion from D9-THC to the more powerful 11-OH-THC in the liver :eek:

Edible cannabis has the potential to be MUCH more powerful, than smoking the same amount... but only with the correct
    processing! :)

BadKat's CannaPharm: Edibles, Drinkables, and more...

Med-Grade Hash Capsules

[​IMG][​IMG]

Med-Grade Capsules w/out Lecithin

[​IMG]

Minimalist Canna Capsules

[​IMG]

Sloppy" MacGyver-esque Capsules

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. No thanks, Ill just keep smokin' it.

6. #6 WildWill, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2012
    What BadKittySmiles said - I've had many types of cannabis pills - there's one - Emerald Relief that I really liked, but can't seem to find that anymore.

7. If they made a pill that had the same complete effect as smoking it, which would be impossible, I would take it. Although I would miss the ritual of smoking it.

8. i enjoy smoking it just the experience and chilin with some friends

9. They are already invented for medicinal use, hell yea i would. I still live with my parents so I don't get to smoke a ton so I'd just pop one of those everyday.

10. #10 BadKittySmiles, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2012
    If you vary your processing techniques, you can come pretty close :) The outcome of an edible, or capsule, all depends on the level of activation, and the oil source you choose.

If you don't want it too strong, and you want an experience closer to smoking, just decarb more briefly at a higher temp (close to 290 f, for 12 or so minutes, less if the material seems quite old) and process for 90 to 120 minutes at 265 f in a pure long-chain triglyceride containing oil with a decent amount of saturated fat.

This more closely replicates the ratio of cannabinoids and degraded byproducts you'd take in from smoking, and the oil source helps you to bypasses your liver, preventing most of the potentiating conversion that takes place there. Like smoking, you want: to be harsher on the material, cause a little degradation, and to use an oil source that primarily bypasses your liver.

Depending on your digestion, and on how well-aged the material was to begin with, with a little experimenting with the above technique it should be pretty similar to smoking. The main difference will be the 25 - 45 minute wait, for the onset of the effects.

And if you want a stronger, and longer-lasting effect, that is much more powerful than what can be provided, by smoking the same material: decarb more gently at 220 f, for 25 - 35 minutes, then process for at least 2 hours in a medium-chain triglyceride containing oil at only 220 f, with a good long freeze in the middle (this disrupts cellular integrity in glandular material, which helps to break it down into a bioavailable solution more rapidly, upon exposure to the following session of heat).
    Processing this way allows for portal vein and liver absorption, promoting the conversion from D9-THC to 11-OH-THC in the liver, and can provide multiple, more powerful doses, from the same material you'd burn through in just a single session (or a single day, if you are a very frequent and heavy user).

If I've learned anything, working with different patients over the years, it's that almost everyone has a slightly different 'desired outcome' when it comes to edibles. :)

That's what I like about edibles, and capsules.. unlike with smoking, and similar to (but with the potential to be much more intense than) vaping, you can use the same cannabis to create a variety of different experiences, and you can control and even re-route your intake of active chemicals, as well as either promoting or preventing the creation of byproducts of degraded THC and other cannabinoids. :hello:

That being said, I love the simplicity and satisfaction of sitting down, with a good bong, too. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Taking a cannapill is BETTER than smoking most of the time. it's like having a really potent edible without the bloated feeling of having eaten something - plus there's no TASTE. I dunno about you, but I've had a LOT of edibles and if they don't taste like weed, they aren't that strong (IMHO)

12. Nah I'm a smoking or vaporizing guy I'd try it but I'd use smoking and vaping as my main usage.

13. I wouldnt. I prefer the old school way. :smoke:

14. Same here, I won't really give up smoking at any point. Aside from the effects of weed, smoking it is part of the fun and ritual.

15. [quote name='"OriginUnknown"']Same here, I won't really give up smoking at any point. Aside from the effects of weed, smoking it is part of the fun and ritual.[/quote]

True that.

16. They have hash oil pills for sale at the medicinal club 3 minutes away from my house. Its great living in a medical state!

17. I enjoy the actual practice of smoking, so I wouldn't bother myself.

18. Nah I enjoy the process...buying grinding rolling packing smoking...

19. [quote name='"Grandma Gudenhi"']If they made a pill that had the same complete effect as smoking it, which would be impossible, I would take it. Although I would miss the ritual of smoking it.[/quote]

Bahaha "which would be impossible" did you read anything or have any pot common sense? It already exists....