Would you take this job??

Discussion in 'General' started by CrazEpharmacist, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Lifeguard - certified

25$ is ridiculously good especially since I'm only 18 but the downside is that I have to watch out handicapped people and I'ma be down all the time. It will probably make me depressed cause I hate seeing mentally handicapped people, I just feel sooo bad for them. I don't know blades, what would you do?

2. i would take the job in a heartbeat

this is the chance for you to be of service to people that society relagates to the fringes. you may say you will get depressed because of it, but i think after a while it will give you a boost knowing that you're doing good

3. Are you a certified lifeguard?

4. dude...it's good pay and you get to "help" people. if you truly felt bad for disabled people you would want to help them, or do just not like looking at them?

5. Yeah I have all my certs and 2 years experience working at a beach.

6. take the job maaaan.

:)

7. Take the job! Most of the time I never see lifeguards do ANYTHING lol.

Plus you'll get to see hot girls all the time I bet.
    [​IMG]

8. Another benefit is if you say to a future employer that you worked with disabled people, I'm pretty sure that they'll find that pretty nice of you.
    $25 an hour for a WHOLE day of working is about...
    $200 a day (before taxes)

9. No I wouldn't, but that's just because I'd actually have to do work as a life guard and not just sit on my ass. If you don't mind having to constantly save people then definitely go for it.

There's probably a reason the pays so high...

10. Shit I wish I could find a job like that.

11. take the job!

i have a lot of friends who are lifeguards and they all love doing it

and just dont worry about those kinda things, just go with da flow and everything will be fine. sorry if that sounded too corny or something

12. dudemangbro you went from pharmacist to normal lifeguard to 'special' lifeguard!?!?!?

13. Dude, take it.

14. Personally I'd take it. It's 6 hours a week, that's $150/week for 1-3 days of very little work. And yes, it would look amazing on a resume. Any discomfort from working with handicapped people would, for me, be easily outweighed by the benefits.

But in the end it's your decision; do what you want. Why are you asking what we would do?

15. He just wants us to point out the pros and cons :p

16. #16 Heart, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2011
    He'd only be making $200 for an entire week.

The listing on craigslist says 6+ hrs a week.

If it ends up only being 6-8 hrs a week that equates to 1 day of work a week.

While $200 / week isn't shabby, it's only a possible $400 / month and reading the ad it looks like he lives near Long Island and I can't imagine it being all that cheap to live up in that area.

17. WOOT! I just went down and filled out an application at this place and they def. loved me. I'm so getting this job.