Would you still vote for Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stoned budda, Feb 11, 2009.

1. So what your saying is that you would have voted republican if they had run a different candidate?:wave:

2. Which one did you mean to pick?

3. fuck no toss his ass.

4. No what I'm saying is if I had a choice between Senator McCain and a douche in a landfill, the douche would win hands down.

5. I remember when democrats were hailing him as a messiah when he almost become Kerry's Vice Presidential Candidate.

6. Luckily none of those Democrats spoke for me.

7. all I am saying is, just because the man ran against your dude, doesn't make him the worst alternative, although I will agree that Palin was terrible. McCain was desperate, he would of done better to pick a more center leaning vice president.

8. Unlike yourself I can't minimize his choice because it is the first major decision a presidential candidate will make. He chose to make as his vice-president (potential president) a woman that for all practical purposes is completely incompetent. Can you imagine a buffoon like her in the face of what's happeing in our country; oh wait a minute, that was our last president. IMHO John McCain revealed that he was willing to gamble with our country rather than pick a running mate that could walk and chew gum at the same time. His choice reflected a type of carelessness that would be disastrous in a executive.

Ya dig?

9. #29 CREAM, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009
    I hate that there are only two choices. Yes, chances are most people only choose between two idiots...but...at least on a ballot I have a choice of voting 3rd party.

Honestly, chances are I would still vote for him...it is too early to judge what he has done in office, it hasn't even been a full month.

But, knowing what I do know about his lies on pot, I'd be that much more inclined to vote 3rd party in the booth.

10. You must watch a lot of Fox News to learn spinning like that .

How about you give Obama more than a month before you start throwing your own ill-informed opinion around about the way he's handling things? Your precious repubs voted to pass asinine packages like the banking crisis stimulus AND car company multi-billion dollar handouts. You're so focused on partisan politics you can't see that the entire government is robbing us taxpayers blind, dems and reps both. I voted for Obama because McCain was pre-emptively creating a shitstorm with Iran and he didn't have a single clue about the economy. Just a bunch of different lobbyists and interest groups lining his pockets with gold to fulfill their agendas... basically another 8 years of fiscal and reckless american foreign/domestic policies.

11. And you think Biden was Obamas best choice?

12. im a bit late to the whole palin party

but didn't she do a pretty decent job in alaska?

13. Do you realize the impact this joke of a stimulus package on our future generations, A partisan plan, thrown together in only three weeks. No one even knows whats in the thing. And so much for medical privacy thanks to the included federal data base of medical records.

And for the record i avoid the news channels like the plague, and I'm a registered democrat. Just because i think Your Beloved Messiah, Saint Obama, does not mean im a fan of the republicans. I originally supported Ron Paul and only supported McCain in opposition to Obama. I think the republicans are just as big a bunch of fucking idiots as the democrats, as a matter of fact i hate all fucking politicians, especially those in Washington. But i think McCain would have done less damage to the country in the long term.

14. You have legitimate complaints about the stimulus package, but it's really irrelevant in the context of this question which is about looking at the election in hindsight. You can't say that McCain would have done less damage... that's total speculation. Considering the damage that his cronies did, and his choice of a running mate, I couldn't disagree with you more.

Obama is doing what the people voted for. He didn't create this mess we are in, but at least he is trying to come up with a solution to get us out of it. Whether it works or not is still to be seen, but isn't that what a leader is supposed to do?

And I would still like a genuine answer from Ron Paul supporters. Do you guys really believe that he would have been able to accomplish anything with the congress that we currently have? I think we would have ended up in a gridlock of epic proportions.

15. if i here "YES WE CAN!" from one more person, im gonna bootfuck they're eye.

16. YES WE CAN!! :hello:

17. Since all of you bright pupils seem to have the right answer, without spending so much money, I would love to see you fix the American Economy in the state that it is in now, please, enlighten me.

18. Without spending money. Since most of the people on here arguing against Obama, are neoconservative republicans that just LOVE money..

19. #39 aaronman, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009

You have to realize why its broken before you can fix it. The problem is the pyramid of debt resulting from fractional reserve banking and a fiat dollar. A credit bubble.

So now all these areas of the economy that shouldn't have so much money dumped into them, ie housing and auto, are overextended due to malinvestment. The prices are inflated.

Now should we let the prices fall back to reality, liquidating the bad debt and malinvestment, and allow private investment to decide where to start over...

Or should we continue pyramiding debt and malinvestment to keep these prices inflated? Government cannot properly allocate resources without political motivations. The private market acts in the best interest of consumers, where congress and the secretive fundings from the Fed go to whomever is the biggest friend of Washington.

You wonder why there is such a high income gap in this country... we never let the big whigs fail!

Historically speaking, economic intervention by the government NEVER WORKS. Why we think it will work now is beyond me. The last depression we allowed to recover naturally was the 1920-1921 depression. Wage rates were permitted to fall and government taxes and expenditures were reduced. The depression started off worse than the 1929 Great Depression, but lasted only 1 year. FDRs 'New Deal' is a known failure by anyone with half a brain.

20. Hell yah i would still vote for Obama! Dude the other choice was McCain who was backed by the bush administration. At least Obama is going to end medical marijuana raids, and fire the current drug czar.

If it werent Obama I believe we would be in worse shape! McCain wanted the war to continue in Iraq WTF??? If McCain would have been elected i was seriously planning on moving to another country, most likely Canada.