Would you still vote for Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stoned budda, Feb 11, 2009.

1. #1 stoned budda, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
    Its only been three weeks but Mr. Obama has been busy.

First off we are in an economic crisis so what does Mr. Obama do, he spends $170,000,000.00 on his coronation! That's a hell of a lot more than the $42,000,000.00 Bush spent, and Bush got raked over the coals for it.

So much for getting rid of all the pork and earmarks, he just re-defined them.

And i don't even want to start in on the cabinet picks he has chosen to date. Lets just say his decision making process lacks luster and needs work.

He appears to be proving his pre-election critics correct at an alarming rate.

He appears to be Washington politics as normal, same boss, just a D in front of his name.

If you could re-vote today would you still vote for Obama after seeing how he conducts the presidency?

2. Didn't vote for him then, definitely wouldn't vote for him now. His lack of leadership becomes more apparent each passing day.

3. I never voted him and I still won't.

Too bad americans are still stupid thinking that obama can fix the economy. "yes, we can"

SHUT THE FUCK UP. STOP WITH THAT STUPID FUCKING MOTTO!
    :mad:

4. Yes, I would vote for him again in a heartbeat considering that John McCain was the only other viable option.

No, I don't think he alone will be able to fix the economy. I don't know anyone who believes that.

5. Well what should happen is that all the states should secede from the USA. Then create the NUSA (New United States of America) with the same government set up and make Ron Paul our president.

6. #6 dotaliens, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2009
    I rather get Mike Gravel as president of NUSA

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rZdAB4V_j8"]YouTube - Mike Gravel - Rock -[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YK_QR0w0ks"]YouTube - MIKE GRAVEL *HOW IN THE HELL DID THESE PEOPLE GET HERE?*[/ame]

7. I dont think anyone ever got any were with "no, we cant"

but yeah I would still vote for him

8. ...cause if obama cant save us, ron paul will?

right now the U.S. is just like Russia back in the day (before the commies' revolution went down). the people are not educated, so they have no idea about whats going on (politics wise). they just hope that the new czar will die as fast as possible, so that they can later on hope that the next one is going to help them. for some reason:)rolleyes:) there were pretty much no good guys that would sit on the throne

9. Im not American, so I didnt vote, but it is too early to judge his presidency.

Something has to be done though.

Its a big question mark when it comes to the economy. There is no right answer. No one knows for certain what will work and what wont.

But with the US loosing 100k jobs (probably more now) a month, SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE.

Tax cuts have been tried again and again, this method does not work. Tax cuts to middle class Americans is what needs to be done eventually, but with the Middle Class loosing jobs at a alarming rate, I think this is a better faster plan.

10. Lemmings......

11. I agree. Middle class tax cuts, but also cut the corporate tax as well as taxes on all businesses. This seems to me to be the best way to create jobs.

12. i don't think he's the best bet yes i'd still vote for him. i mean shit it was either him or McCain/palin.

13. Gravel for prez 2012

14. I'm sorry but this comment makes them seem like the same person.

I'm not at all saying either of them or anyone at all is a savior. I am saying that Ron Paul's policies and transparency and loyalty to the Constitution's original non manipulated meaning would enact a huge wave of change in how the NUSA would be run.

Obama is the better speaker of a list of the same old same old politicians. He still wants to police the world, he still wants to please all the oil companies and lobbyists, he still wants to feed the federal reserve everybody's money, he still wants to give the puppet strings of the country out to the highest bidders all over the world.

15. btw I picked the wrong choice in the vote, I meant the top one.

16. Do you really think Ron Paul would have been more effective given the same congress as Obama? We'd be up the same shit creek... the president is just a leader. I think he's doing a good job as a leader... he's trying to surround himself with people who know what they are doing, on both sides. He's communicating with the american people (without smirking, I might add), and he's trying to come up with solutions. He's never claimed to be able to fix everything, and has been very realistic about the nature of our economy.

Ron Paul supporters seem to have the same lemming mentality that they accuse Obama supporters of having. Like he would just fly in there and wave his magic constitution around and the free market will right itself.

17. I'm too american to vote. It's overrated anyways.

18. I'd vote for a douche bag in a landfill before I threw away a vote for Senator McCain and Governor Palin. I'm proud to have voted for President Obama and I hope he will be a good president.

19. Uhh, you got that back-asswards. Regan's tax cuts are the only thing that got us out of the recession Carter left him. Huge spending projects and higher taxes during a recession is one guaranteed way to go in to a depression. Middle class American's do not create jobs. Businesses create jobs, if you cut business taxes, it encourages business growth = more jobs. Most economists believe the great depression would have ended much sooner had Roosevelt not instituted HUGE spending projects. A point that is often overlooked is that there was higher unemployment when he left office than when he got in.