Would You Smoke With A Muslim? Question To Athirst

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Cholo_new, May 24, 2013.

1. lol you got to be joking bro, there's more oppression on women in the western countries than anywhere else
    islam has more rights for women then men, and I lived in both islamic and pagan societies
    America is fighting itself for Gun-laws. is that not encouraging violence? lol scared to walk down your own streets

I for one would love to hear about the more rights women have in Muslim countries.  Exclude Turkey,,,
    GO

• Like Like x 1
    Thank you for asking about my religion bro :smoking:
    1. According to the Quran, men and women have the same spirit, there is no superiority in the spiritual sense between men and women. [Noble Quran 4:1, 7:189, 42:11]\t
    2. Nowhere in the Quran do we find any trace of any notion of blaming Eve for the first mistake or for eating from the forbidden tree. Nowhere, even though the Quran speaks about Adam, Eve, and the forbidden tree, but in a totally different spirit. The story is narrated in 7:19-27, and it speaks about both of them doing this, both of them are told that both of them disobeyed, both of them discovered the consequences of their disobedience, both of them seek repentance and both of them are forgiven. Nowhere in the Quran does it say woman is to be blamed for the fall of man. Furthermore, when the Quran speaks about the suffering of women during the period of pregnancy and childbirth, nowhere does it connect it with the concept of original sin, because there is no concept of original sin in Islam. The suffering is presented not as a reason to remind woman of the fall of man, but as a reason to adore and love woman or the mother. In the Quran, especially 31:14, 46:15, it makes it quite clear God has commanded upon mankind to be kind to parents and mentions,\t
    3. If the woman happened to own any property prior to marriage, she retains that property after marriage. It remains under her control. Also, in most Muslim countries, the woman keeps her own last name, and her own identity.\t
    4. If the woman has any earnings during her marital life, by way of investments of her property or as a result of work, she doesn't have to spend one penny of that income on the household, it is entirely hers.\t
    5. "Women have the same rights (in relation to their husbands) as are expected in all decency from them, while men stand a step above them." [Noble Quran 2:228]. This only specifies the degree of responsibility, not privilege, in man's role as provider, protector, maintainer, and leader of the family.
    Again and again all women are denigrated because of the image of Eve the temptress, thanks to the Genesis account. To sum up, the Judaeo-Christian conception of women has been poisoned by the belief in the sinful nature of Eve and her female offspring.
    If we now turn our attention to what the Quran has to say about women, we will soon realize that the Islamic conception of women is radically different from the Judaeo-Christian one. Let the Quran speak for itself:
    "For Muslim men and women, for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in charity, for men and women who fast, for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah's praise-- For them all has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward" [Noble Quran 33:35]
    "The believers, men and women, are protectors, one of another: they enjoin what is just, and forbid what is evil, they observe regular prayers, practice regular charity, and obey Allah and His Messenger. On them will Allah pour His Mercy: for Allah is Exalted in power, Wise" [Noble Quran 9:71]
    "And their Lord answered them: Truly I will never cause to be lost the work of any of you, Be you a male or female, you are members one of another" [Noble Quran 3:195]
    "Whoever works evil will not be requited but by the like thereof, and whoever works a righteous deed -whether man or woman- and is a believer- such will enter the Garden of bliss" [Noble Quran 40:40]
    "Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has faith, verily to him/her we will give a new life that is good and pure, and we will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions" [Noble Quran 16:97]
    \nIt is clear that the Quranic view of women is no different than that of men. They, both, are Allah's creatures whose sublime goal on earth is to worship their Lord, do righteous deeds, and avoid evil and they, both, will be assessed accordingly. The Quran never mentions that the woman is the devil's gateway or that she is a deceiver by nature. The Quran, also, never mentions that man is God's image; all men and all women are his creatures, that is all. According to the Quran, a woman's role on earth is not limited only to childbirth. She is required to do as many good deeds as any other man is required to do. The Quran never says that no upright women have ever existed. To the contrary, the Quran has instructed all the believers, women as well as men, to follow the example of those ideal women such as the Virgin Mary and the Pharaoh's wife:
    "And Allah sets forth, As an example to those who believe, the wife of Pharaoh: Behold she said: 'O my lord build for me, in nearness to you, a mansion in the Garden, and save me from Pharaoh and his doings and save me from those who do wrong.' And Mary the daughter of 'Imran who guarded her chastity and We breathed into her body of Our spirit; and she testified to the truth of the words of her Lord and of His revelations and was one of the devout" [Noble Quran 66:11-13]
    \nEnough?

4. #64 Cholo_new, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1k8PLY-dbI

having 4 wives in islam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1k8PLY-dbI[/CODE]

5. Hell ya i'll smoke with anyone of any religion, faith, or race :smoke:

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. :hippie:

7. As long as he doesn't blow me up, or treat me as an infidel, sure!

If he blows me up, I'll be pretty pissed.

8. #69 Labido, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
    My room mate through college was, and still is, a practicing muslim, as well as one of the most interesting people I have met. We used to light up everyday through college, 3-4 of his muslims friends would join us sometimes and they were cool as well.

So yeah, don't think it's gonna be a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #70 Cactus Ed, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013

You can't judge all by the actions of a few, and that works both ways.  What you said sounds similar to what people who knew the marathon bomber said.  And now it's looking likely his brother, the dead bomber, killed three friends and sprinkled weed on their bodies. http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2013/04/22/police-probe-possible-link-between-marathon-bomber-and-unsolved-triple-homicide-waltham/n4uUaRfBgqeFPiRBrkCRsL/story.html
    I know this doesn't prove anything, but it just seems to fit this thread..

Just for information, one of the best friends I've had in my life was Muslim.  That was long ago, probably 10 years before Islam woke us up in 2001.  We smoked together every day and his religion was never an issue.  He would say weird shit, sometimes, stuff like "someday Muslims would take this country down"  Of course it was completely unfathomable at the time.  He immigrated here from Iran. Sure, I'd smoke with him again, and if he slit my throat it would be something I deserved for giving my trust to a Muslim.

10. I'll smoke with anyone. I just think religion in general = bullshit. As long as you understand and accept that about me (don't try to convert me and don't get pissed off by my views), we can be best friends.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. You can't judge all by the actions of a few, and that works both ways. What you said sounds similar to what people who knew the marathon bomber said. And now it's looking likely his brother, the dead bomber, killed three friends and sprinkled weed on their bodies. http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2013/04/22/police-probe-possible-link-between-marathon-bomber-and-unsolved-triple-homicide-waltham/n4uUaRfBgqeFPiRBrkCRsL/story.html
    I know this doesn't prove anything, but it just seems to fit this thread..

Just for information, one of the best friends I've had in my life was Muslim. That was long ago, probably 10 years before Islam woke us up in 2001. We smoked together every day and his religion was never an issue. He would say weird shit, sometimes, stuff like "someday Muslims would take this country down" Of course it was completely unfathomable at the time. He immigrated here from Iran. Sure, I'd smoke with him again, and if he slit my throat it would be something I deserved for giving my trust to a Muslim.

</blockquote>I feel like this a deep post. I have friends right now who sorta say shit like that sometimes, (even when I know they're 100% bullshitting) but man I feel it would be all too easy to alienate them after a national tragedy occurred. It's crazy because I know some Muslims that don't partake in anything and stereotypically you would expect some shit from them. But the ones you burn one with or drink with, you would never expect. Complete game changer on your perspective.

Sent from the app.

Screen shot 2013-05-30 at 8.11.00 PM.png