Would you really want Marijuana to be legalized?

Discussion in 'General' started by Predator1, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Of course I am all for the freedom to toke, but imagine if it were legalized; The government would tax the bloody hell out of it, just like they do everything else. If it were legalized, we would probably end up paying more than we do now.

On a more personal note, I think if recreational toking were legalized, it would lose some of its novelty for me. Currently when i toke, the fact that it is illegal makes me savor every last breath of smoke. If it were legal, I dont think I would appreciate it as much. Im eager to hear other peoples thought son this.

2. Yes, the gov't would tax it, but there would be no risk in selling it, so that naturally would drop prices. Either way, i'd grow my own. And as for the "novelty" thing, i agree with you, except there are problems with keeping it illegal.

I'm sure you'd savor every last breath of fresh air you could if you were gonna be locked up in prison because of your cannabis smoking. There is something about smoking it while its illegal that makes it kinda special, but its not worth locking up 700,000 people a year.

3. Touche.

And that is true. But really, I've never worried about being caught. I dont keep my weed in my car unless I am on the way home from a dealer's place, and then it goes straight into the house, nice and safe from the cops. I only ever toke at night on my own property. The only way I can see myself being caught is if I got in a traffic stop on one of the rare occasions I have pot in my car; and even then, after having watched the 'Busted!' video, I think I could handle myself well enough to escape trouble.
    But I know that's not everyone's situation, and others obviously have reasons for wanting it legalized. Especially those living in close proximity to the 5-0, or in big cities where it is more difficult to conceal toking habits.

4. Not bothered either way, but I do agree with the taxation thing; I don't agree at all that they would drop prices, at least not here. They'd rise and rise with every successive budget, as would taxation on it.

5. It's very often that I hear people say it wouldn't be as fun if it were legal.

Legal or not, I like it. I like it a lot. If it were legal, we just wouldn't have to be paranoid all the time.

6. I'd rather have it completly decriminalized, not legalized.

7. Those are the opinions of people that smoke in order to, 'look cool'.

Sad, in the extreme...

8. I'm actually in favor of legalizing all currently illegal drugs. I don't like being told what I can and cannot put in my own body.

9. True dat. Plus, people are going to do them, wheter they are legal or not.

But that starts a whole other discussion.

10. :laughing: It does, and it has.

11. its my opinion if u they do legalize it will be like cigarettes. u will have kids outside convenient stores tryin to get people to buy them some J's (they would prolyl sell joints or blunts)

But legalizing it can make the nation SO much more money... if they sell a pack of like 2 blunts for 15 dollars thats cheaper then what alot of people can buy. it can be like 1 or 1.5 gram blunts. so say the plantation sells it for ten and the state taxes it 5 dollars... that can be big money.

But again they will have to mess around so much that at this poitn it isn't even worth it now. there will be so many restrictions and dumb rules that no one will follow.

12. legalization will solve a lot of the problems with illegal drugs. If it were legalized then i'd like to see cultivation legalized too like how people can operate vineyards and breweries to produce their own beer/wine. The price of marijuana would be substancially lowered due to legalization I believe.

13. Kids smoke dope now, I'd rather they be smoking marijuana that has been produced legally.

14. word man. Kids sitting outside a convenience store asking random people to buy them cigarettes sounds a lot like asking random street dealers for weed, when they're getting it from a very un-reliable source that may be sprayed with chemicals, or even laced.

15. Do you think cigarettes aren't sprayed with chemicals? I'm certain that if marijuana was legalized, the government would spray weed with all kinds of nasty toxic pesticides, some that are even radioactive. They would probably make js out of shwag for sale in gas stations; cigarette tobacco is shit. However, there would probably be shops where you could buy primo bud. Head shops currently sell very good shisha tobacco...I wonder if marijuana was legalized, would they start to sell strains?

To the OP, if you smoke marijuana and only get a kick out of it because it's illegal, it sounds to me like you're smoking for the wrong reason. Sounds like something someone from my high school would have told me.

16. So far, commercial growers growing for medicinal cannabis patients have no been overly taxed like tobacco is.

So, so far it's looking good.

Besides, I dont think this cannabis-growing thing is a fad, or anything. I know if i had the resources and legality to do so, i'd have a massive grow op in my own basement.

17. Yeah, the mm system has been working fairly well. haha, me too. I would definitely go into the wholesale marijuana business :D .