would you rather shred for a blunt with your hands or with a grinder?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Red Eye Jedi Og, Dec 2, 2012.

1. id rater shred with my hands but idk wats GC!! OPINION WAT WOULD YOU RATHER SHRED WITH !!:smoking::smoking::smoking:

2. #2 kiefsmoker420, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2012
    Razor blade but my fingers do well too if I don't have a knife
    Edit: I thought you meant splitting the cigar to roll it hahaha no I prefer a grinder

3. Grinders are more convenient in my opinion.

4. I never use anything BUT a grinder if I'm rolling, joints or blunts. Busting it with a grinder makes it bust up "bigger" (more capacity will be filled in the blunt/joint with less weed), and the consistency is much more even which is key for rolling.

Only time I ever finger bust is when I'm smoking bong and even then if there's more people than just me I like to pull out the new 4-piece Space Case, just to add to the kief collection.

5. hmm idk i usually do my blunt shredding with my hands but sometimes use a grinder just dont like grinders that grind my bud too powderish like only like my dank like that for joints or bowls

6. I always use a grinder. Keeps my hands cleaner, breaks up the weed faster and more evenly, and it collects kief for me. Win/win/win.

7. Honestly I'm a huge fan of grinders, but please believe me when I tell you this grinding your bud for blunts Is a big mistake. It first will cause it to run if you try and roll it decently tight because the airflow when the bud is grinded becomes constricted. Cutting your bud with scissors or breaking it up with your hands will allow for better air flow and allow you to take bigger hits and your blunt tends to smolder more and burn slower rather then a constant running ash like cigarette effect you get with grinded bud. Just my personal experience for about 5 years of blunt smoking till I moved to straight glass and jays. No disrespect keep smoking.
    -rickyrip

8. I mostly break it up with my fingers so my weed doesn't fall all over the place and so I don't get weed falling in my mouth when I toke if I didn't tuck in the weed well enough if it was ground up.

I find it more fun to pick it off the stem and set it on a blunt/blunt wrap.

9. This is bullshit, no offense. Hand busted weed will result in an uneven consistency throughout your blunt. I don't care how much time you spend doing it, there's no way you will get to as even a consistency as a grinder would with your hands. The more loose spots in a blunt/joint, the more it runs.

Also, there's not even such a thing as too tight with a blunt as far as I can tell. I've literally emptied (not split) a shell and packed it as tight as I could, took like 25 minutes, not one loose spot in the entire thing I doubt I could roll a tighter joint if I tried, burned and smoked better than any blunt I've ever smoked.

All the best rollers I know use a grinder.

10. #10 RickyRip, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
    I'm glad you had that great experience that one time... And all the best rollers you know just use it because its easier not because its better. I personally like to use scissors, but I still would break it up with my hands before I would stick it in the grinder. Grinder is for jays and glass not blunts. Blunts just burn better with chopped up bud not super minced up like what you get out of a grinder. This is just my opinion. If anything it might just be preference but don't call it bullshit. It's just the truth how I see. Keep grinding if you want. No disrespect keep smoking.
    -rickyrip

11. I use scissors instead, I'll just hold the nug by the stem, and trim it until I have a sufficient amount to roll.