Would you quit weed for a woman?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by SunStoner, Sep 13, 2012.

1. She doesn't. It's a personal choice, otherwise she would have forced me to quit many months ago when we first started going out. I can keep smoking if I want to, and nothing would happen except for her becoming slightly upset for a short while (think less than the duration of the high). Like I said before, I care more about keeping a smile on her face than a small high. It's unfortunate that I can't change her views enough to be cool with me smoking weed everyday due to family problems and some issues with her current friends (who smoke daily and she links weed with the problems that they cause) but at least she stills smokes every once in a while.

2. [quote name='"LightAnother"']your a fucking schmuck if you wouldn't give up weed for a great girl you really loved.

seriously drugs > love?

is that what you all think?[/quote]

Because im no ones bitch i do what i want and if they cant accept that ill find someone who can

3. Really? What if she was a bomb shell 10/10, great personality, shared the same hobbies/interests, and you completely fell in love with her but for some deep, irreversible reason (a real one, not just because she's never done it or she doesn't like the smell) she didn't want you to smoke. You would really dump her over smoking?

And remember, you're not a bitch if you make sacrifices for love. You're a man, it's part of the job description.

4. A woman asking me to quit smoking weed for her would be like someone telling someone else to stop taking their medication because you don't believe in it.. I smoke weed for reasons beyond recreation.. so yeah.. 10/10.. billionaire.. whatever.. i'd tell them to like it or leave it

5. Woah woah hold on now... billionaire... I'd lie about it at least.

6. Legit medicinal use is something I didn't think about and I agree that quitting in that case would be extremely selfish and controlling on her part (and that you shouldn't) but for the majority of people that doesn't apply.

7. [quote name='"BigTrees"']
    it's a no brainer. get your priorities straight. that's the future mother of your kids you're talking about.
    [/quote]

Better not be. No kids for this guy.

8. I'm glad me and the gf are on the same page of never wanting kids..

9. [quote name='"HotDish"']I'm glad me and the gf are on the same page of never wanting kids..[/quote]

Right? So sick of hearing, "you just haven't met the right woman," when I tell people I don't want kids. I'll know I've met "the right one" when I tell her I don't want kids, and she asks me when I'm getting a vasectomy.

10. I used to talk as a child about how I never wanted to have children, everyone said that same thing.
    Then I used to talk in high school about not wanting kids and what do you know? Said the same stuff to me.
    Then I used to talk about it in college, and they used to say that same thing.
    Now I'm old and I'm still dead-set on NOT having children, seems this "temporary, gonna grow out of it someday" bullshit is more permanent than people may think. :wave:

11. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkgDhDa4HHo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

12. I don't even really dislike kids. My sisters want kids, and I'm excited to be an uncle. I'd date a woman with kids. I just don't want any of my own.

13. [quote name='"slackattack"']

I used to talk as a child about how I never wanted to have children, everyone said that same thing.
    Then I used to talk in high school about not wanting kids and what do you know? Said the same stuff to me.
    Then I used to talk about it in college, and they used to say that same thing.
    Now I'm old and I'm still dead-set on NOT having children, seems this "temporary, gonna grow out of it someday" bullshit is more permanent than people may think. :wave:[/quote]

I've got a Roman numeral four after my name. I can remember people asking me if there was going to be a fifth when I was in grade school. My answer has always been no.

14. I use to want kids.. then i dated a couple women that already had kids.. And now I never ever want to have kids..

15. ...no. I'd be in horrible stomach pains that make me not able to walk. Fuck you bitch. I'm not dying over some ass

16. No, I'd never change myself for anyone.

17. Hey look, over your head! It's the point of my post! :p

I was not trying to say that weed is not a drug. Within the context of this discussion, some people would view "giving up a drug for a woman" as the obvious choice. Where I would view "giving up something that I love to do every single day of my life, for a woman" as the wrong choice. See what I mean?

18. I'd quit weed for her only if she tried it ;) with me, and if she proceeds to love it then ganja can be a part of her. :smoke:

19. Nah never. If she isn't at least cool with the fact I smoke it's not gonna work. Honestly idk if I could go out with a girl if she didnt smoke though it would just be weird.