Would you quit smoking weed for girlfriend/wife?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MrGanjaMan805, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Fuck that noise. Aint nobody got time for that.

2. No I'd hide it tho ;))

3. No I'd hide it tho ;))

If she worth it

4. Hiding things only works UNTIL she finds out.

5. It depends on the girl. But I'd probably still do it just not as much. I love weed.. I love it, but not as much as I love pussy. The end.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. No, but I would hide it. If she is worth it, that is. *

7. I would not. If I was in a serious relationship, and she didn't want me to smoke around her, then I wouldn't, but I'm not going to quit something I enjoy just because she doesn't like it. Either take me how I am, or find someone else. I'm not changing for any girlfriend.

Though I usually date chicks who smoke, so that's rarely an issue.

8. Nope, I wouldn't. It's understandable why someone would leave a pothead though. Some people just get lazy as fuck and don't ever end up amounting to shit, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone like that.

9. [quote name='"nizzbomb69"']It depends on the girl. But I'd probably still do it just not as much. I love weed.. I love it, but not as much as I love pussy. The end.[/quote]

Mary Jane will be there for you when pussy won't. All there is to it

10. nope. not unless there is another powerful reason besides her just not wanting me too(like a threat to somebody's life or something)

11. I wouldn’t quit simply because she didn’t like it. But I would respect her wishes enough to not do it in her presence. I would also wash my hands, use mouthwash, and put in eye drops so that’s it’s not painfully obvious that I’m stoned.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Congratulations you have been nominated for NGCMBL. We look forward to your reviving 7yo threads.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. #74 GorillaGherkin, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    I’d ask what’s next? No oral sex, no using the upstairs bathroom, no going out with friends, no working late, no drinking, no fast food, etc...
    She’d come home to me hot boxing’s the living room with all my friends that she hated,while her shit was packed by the front door.
    691ACE73-F60F-44A6-A2FC-6C7D2599C098.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Lol is this even up for debate?? No i wouldn't.

• Like Like x 1
  15. If I was a smoker b4 we got married and she knew about it I’d tell her to get use to it or leave.... if it was something I started after we got together then I’d probably quit... just saw post was bumped from 7y ago....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. It entirely depends on both the woman and the situation. Marriage, marijuana, and children don't always mix.

17. Apt

18. I honestly couldn't, due to the fact that I have PTSD and really dont like the kind of person I am when I dont handle it properly. My normal care routine includes cannabis use, and it works for me so why change it? I wouldn't get married to someone that I want to change, I'll marry someone that I love everything about. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. In the situation explained by the OP...I'd have to question what she was thinking in the first place if she's so against it...you haven't mentioned what his usage is, or was before them getting together so I don't know if it was existing or gradual.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to make sure your partner is in good health and not falling down any dark holes, so to speak...and personally if a person has gone as far during the course of a relationship as to only be smoking weed, day in, day out, ignoring their priorities/duties, and the kind of person you can't even drag out of the house for an occasion or event without them bugging out because they have a be a little less stoned for a bit, and basically there is no version of them that's not the stoned version any more...yeah, I can see that pissing someone off and having them want to intervene, or "get out" if things don't change.
    Like, we all know there's our version of alcoholics...and really, they become side characters in life...

However, if this was pre-existing behaviour...one should be somewhat aware of that before allowing things to get serious to the point you'd consider it a relationship.

Of course it also depends on perception...if she is/has become "anti weed" and he's simply using regularly, then she gets the shits with that on account of her newly adopted views...she can't fairly demand that he stops on account of her not liking it any more.

I'd also suggest that all partners ought to consider the perspective/feelings of their other half too...in his case, he could probably yknow not blaze up right in front of her, not leave paraphernalia all over the place, and yknow, generally be productive like an adult should be...and on her part, she could lay off her trip about the weed.

Again, it all depends on the situation and what's taken place.

My answer to the question is "I'd never have to".
    This is on account of having been together for 20+ years, from our teens to our (now) 30's, most of our experience with weed has been together, our usage has been pretty uniform with each other...we've had our "stoned 20s" era and these days it's more relaxed...
    But yeah - Honesty. That's important. Represent yourself right. Come as you are. Be who you are. Be open, and willing for discussion.
    If you get all that right in the first place, it will either make or break a relationship early, and the outcome you get is the one you need to get.
    Easy.

If it's just about changed minds, well, that's on the person changing their mind isn't it?

• Like Like x 1