Would you pay for this?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by J.Wallace, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Okay, so some of you may have seen this on a website that is similar to the Grasscity shop. Before I even give out any details on the brand or the cost, I'm curious if you would pay full price for this. So, how much would you pay for this?

http://www.grasscity.com/img/products/laydown_bubbler_pipe_t.jpg

Its a Weed Star Bubbler. The cost online for it is $133.37. I'm considering buying it, so what is your input?

I know a lot of people give WS a lot of crap, but I own a bong from them, as well as a few other things and I'm okay with buying from them.

2. for just a little more than that u could get a nice piece from a respectable company that'll last u longer and hit better, all the weedstar pieces i've hit sucked, But that one looks nice for weedstar too.:smoking:

3. For $133 you could get loads nicer blown in the US.

4. Well, that thing is pretty sweet looking but you can get a lot more for your money with $133. If you're looking for a nice bubbler check local and then some other sites.

If I were looking for a bub I would pay no more $70 for that.

5. Go to some local headshops. You can get something equal or better for same price. Plus you don't have to wait for and worry about shipping.

6. If you go on Etsy you can have some hardcore stuff made for you. Send me a PM if you want me to refer you to a couple cool shops (you've probably heard of them). For $130 you can do A LOT.

7. Holy shit bro, for $130 you could get a heady pipe or bubbler at a good headshop. It would look way sweeter, would be made in the USA, and actually be made with quality glass.

8. Agreed. Overpriced bubbler ftw.

9. you're not gonna get a heady bubbler for $130. nor will you find a bubbler blown by a us artist with similar line work for $130.

10. You can get that for alot cheaper at like a head shop or a store that sells pieces :-0 it is nice though

11. #13 toalex89, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2010

I beg to differ.

Some pieces I can post more, these are all from US artists.

Around the same price/same price =
    This 1st one is a custom so you can choose w/e colors you want etc....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cheaper
    can choose custom colors/design
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slightly more expensive
    (150 shipped)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(200 shipped)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. 133 for that small thing? I'd rather get an incredibowl if I'm looking for something small but ridiculously expensive. I wouldn't, plus I like clear pipes so i can see the smoke and the colors form but that's my opinion :p

130 is steep as shit for that piece, probably hits good but still not worth the money. You can get a bong 10x better or a bubbler 100x better for that price at any local headshop.

13. If you spend that much make sure the stem is diffused...

14. my lhs had a sheldon black bub for 130....

15. you have to take into account all of the worked glass on there. worked glass is some of the hardest glass to do and usually ends up thin unless a second layer of clear glass is bonded to the outside of it. its expensive and time consuming to make so yeah the price isnt that bad. if you go into ANY headshop and find a piece like that for less than a hundred bucks, its prolly thin and shitty.

16. so you're saying this weedstar won't be thin and shitty?

if so, LOL at you, good sir.

17. #20 missionskatesTX, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010

Is not diffused, bowl is way to big, everything falls through, weird glass, weird mouth piece, just don't like it. :mad: