Would you pay 8 cents for a PRO POT COMMERCIAL?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by CannabisInCanada, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Get into the Fight! Help NORML kick electronic ass!

Examples of NORML cable TV buys:

-Cable Cannabis Blitz-
    33,000, 30-second TV ads, broadcast 6AM-Midnight on cable packages during programming from ESPN, CNN, CNBC, Weather Channel, MSNBC, MTV, VH-1, BET, Animal Planet, E!, Bravo and 10 other major cable programmers for the cost of…$2,750…or approximately 8 cents/per ad! This ad package will reach an estimated 1.6 million households in 187 markets.
    That is right! NORML can now purchase TV spots for only 8 cents.

-Women and Weed-
    Approximately 1,500, 30-second TV ads, targeting women’s programming (Oxygen, Soap, Lifetime, Style, WE, etc…) for $1,200. This ad package will reach an estimated 27.5 million households in 90 major markets. What is the cost per ad in this package?
    80 cents per TV ad!

-Men and Marijuana-
    Approximately 2,600, 30-second TV ads, 27.5 million households targeting men’s programming (Comedy Central, ESPN, Speed, Versus, Sci-Fi, Golf Channel, etc…) for $4,900, which boils down to $1.88/per ad.
    Get out your friggin’ wallets and purses people. Get in the fight and please help us!!! NOW!

Right off the NORML Homepage.

2. #2 champloo, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
    Id pay 10 bucks for a pro pot commercial:smoke:

Lol i donated 3 bucks. I didnt have no more than that in my paypal otherwise id give a little more.

Note, the lowest amount they take on that dropdown list is 10 bucks. But you can go to paypal or w.e and send however much you want. Or grab the source code the donation page and edit the form values to however much you want to donate, save it as an html page and open it and select it and donate it :D. Thats what i did, worked perfectly.

3. Dude.
    Sweet.

Now if only I hadn't have blown all my cash on bud..

4. NORML is finally doing this!

I never thought I'd see the day. I was happy to read this.

5. AWESOME! If only 2,460 people (easy number for norml) people donate ONE dollar we can get the cable blitz! THIS IS AWESOME

6. I donated $10.

Lets see how much we can raise!:hello:

7. #8 Jamayah, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
    Does anyone have a link to the ads they'll run? I'd love to see them.

Edit: gave them $50, anyone else?

8. We'll we donated 63$ so far GC, keep it going.

I'm gonna donate as soon as I can transfer some money to my paypal.

9. I wish some huge pot advocate would donate like a million dollars. That would be awesome.

I'm putting in fifty bucks.

10. I donated $25 a week or two ago, and I just donated another $25. It isn't much but hey every little bit counts. Oh and I also dugg it on digg :)

11. Donated $4 lol. Once i get my shit straightened out, i'll make a much larger donation. Wish i could be more helpful though but every little bit does count. Hopefully, the cable blitz will wake some people up!

12. If I get this job I am working on getting then I will donate alot. Right now I am broke though haha.

13. $142.00 so far......

Keep it up!

14. Wow. just wow. I don't have any spare cash at the moment but this is so exciting. Will these commercials be nationwide?Will these networks allow such advertisments? Can they be barred from such things?

15. Hopefully it wont be on at 3 in the morning

16. $25 from me :) I wanna see those commercials!

17. The 1st prize(not grand prize) winner's narrator talked to much like a 20 year old pothead. People would get the wrong idea

18. Yeah, but there was a cute redhead in it :D