Would you like to read my book?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by esseff, Jul 21, 2010.

1. #1 esseff, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2010
    I’ve come across a few books where the author talks about embarking on a spiritual journey and then undergoing strange, mystical experiences along the way. While I did find them interesting, I also found them a little difficult to relate to. They either contained a type of religious language that I just wasn’t comfortable with, or they required me to be more familiar with eastern terminology than I was. I loved the idea that remarkable experiences could happen to real seekers, but longed to find something written with the average person in mind. I had no idea that one day I’d be writing it myself.

If that’s made you curious, take a look at the rest of the introduction. If it doesn’t interest you after that then don’t read any further. But if it does, and you decide to carry on, all I ask is that you give me some feedback.

The book is published online in a private space created specially for it. It’s been designed to be comfortable and easy to read from, and is completely free of ads, external links and any other annoying features you can think of.

Have a look and see what you think.

You can find it
    HERE

[​IMG]

2. I will definitely check it out. :)

3. I read it, but only the introduction is on the site.

4. Hey Jim, what do you mean only the introduction is on the site? The tabs to the other pages are right next to it.

[​IMG]

5. The tabs are a little difficult to see. I had to turn my brightness up (normally a little dark) before I noticed there were tabs up there.

6. #6 esseff, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
    I see! It's so hard to take into account everyone's different set up when designing a site. But I appreciate the feedback and I will look at it to see if I can make it better. Bear in mind though that unlike other sites where everything is meant to be very visible, only the text is important here and I wanted the tabs not to intrude until you needed them.

[​IMG]

7. Thank you.

[​IMG]

8. Jaja, silly me. Thanks.

9. "I'd been drunk many times before, but the experience I was having didn't feel anything like that. My mind had cleared of its usual incessant chatter and I was seeing the world with a new sense of clarity. The people I saw going about their business seemed to be connected to me. It felt like my life was a kind of dream, with everyone involved in it merely characters existing for the purpose of my experience. It was a strange, yet liberating feeling."

I saw this kind of character vision once while tripping, and I also felt like life was just a really long day, you get to see the people you love for a couple of minutes and then eventually you just continue on during the day and dont see them again. And I guess, it is.

10. Thanks for that Jimi - I'm sure many people have had similar experiences. We're all capable of seeing a clearer view of reality if we're open to it.

I'll be interested to hear your take on some of the other experiences you'll come across later in the book.

[​IMG]

11. I got to chapter 10 and am taking a break. I really like it, it is definitely quite a journey you have been through

12. I'm glad you've been enjoying it.

If you're at chapter ten then it's about to get a bit stranger for you - let's see what you make of it.

[​IMG]

13. I just finished reading your book, kept me pretty hooked. You had some interesting experiences to say the least. When you felt these spiritual transformations that you have that you resemble an old man, what did you make of them? Are you religious?

14. Thank you for saying so.

Let me answer that by asking you what you made of them and how they made you feel?

By religious if you mean do I follow a religion - then the answer is no.

[​IMG]

15. Thank you for saying so.

Let me answer that by asking you what you made of them and how they made you feel?

Over the past couple of days I have been reading up on a system of beliefs where some of the things you said I guess could be plausible. I felt intrigued as to what was happening. I wondered if after each of these experiences your outlook changed on life, and if it did, was it just momentarily?

By religious if you mean do I follow a religion - then the answer is no.
    Set of beliefs?

16. In saying 'I guess could be plausible' were you unsure as to whether I was telling the truth or were you just looking for corroboration?

That's a good question.

I think each experience just affirmed my faith in what I was beginning to accept as being real. I never had any warning that one of those experiences was going to happen, and each time it did it left me feeling like I'd been given a gift that I'd always wanted. There were moments when I felt such a deep sense of gratitude. I can't tell you how humbling it was.

I feel it made a difference, although not in one go, but any initial transformative effects always dissipated after a while. I suppose the longest period something lasted was about 3 months, when I felt so different that there was simply no longer even the possibility of making a mistake. My sense of intuition/insight was so clear that I just couldn't make a decision that wasn't perfect for me. I found myself in the most coincidental, synchronicitous moments that constantly opened my eyes to new experiences and ideas. There were times when I could literally watch the world organise itself into something that revealed what I needed to learn in a way I didn't think was possible.

But the best part was in having such a clear understanding of what others were feeling, and to be able to say things to those who opened up to me that just made a difference. That was the part that felt the most rewarding.

No set of beliefs as such.

[​IMG]

17. I guess I was looking for corroboration. Your faith on that what was real?

18. If I understand you correctly, were you able to find that corroboration?

As these experiences are very personal, any interpretation of them is always going to be subjective, including my own. I've always been interested in getting other opinions though, which is why I've asked people to read it here. I don't claim to know what they all mean, or in some cases to even offer up anything more than conjecture, all I know is, when they occur, they reveal some other reality that feels more real than anything I get to feel in my 'normal' everyday state.

[​IMG]

19. I just wanted to add a bit more about beliefs, as I was asked if I have a set of them, to which I replied 'not as such'. I may post this as a separate topic as well.

I come across people constantly making the mistake of assuming that we're all taking the same class at the same time for the same reason.

They think this because of their belief system which is based upon the ideas put forward by others. If the ideas they come across confirm a previously held belief, than it gets affirmed, but if something is at odds with it, it may be disregarded, unless it comes from a source they trust or accept, then they may choose to modify their belief in order to accommodate this new or additional understanding. This goes on all the time, constantly adjusting or affirming, little by little until either a point of conformity with other people is reached, usually called joining a religion, or with fewer people by comparison, but still a group activity, often termed ‘new age', or fewer still, on an individual basis, who perhaps are the true pioneers amongst us.

The religious way can make you comfortable quickly and has been doing so for a long time. The ‘new age' way is also becoming comfortable as it's been around for sometime too. This is the problem with forming beliefs based on other people's ideas.

For me, the only true way to discover the truth of who you are and what your life is, is to experience it unburdened by another group's comfortable ideas, where you open to allowing the universe to show you, teach you, guide you, on an individual basis, according to what you're ready to understand.

To do this there has to be a connection between you and that part of you that's always connected to this. Traditional eastern techniques require many years of quiet, dedicated meditation designed to open you to higher states of connection. And they do work. But they can take so long and as most of us aren't living what is basically an artificial monastic-type life where all the requirements of day to day living get met, so you have few distractions and you're able to devote much time to doing so, makes it so difficult to achieve.

That's where cannabis comes in. Yes, people use this plant recreationally and good luck to them, but I'm talking about its specific ability as an aid in meditation, which many of us already use it for, where it's treated as the sacred herb that it actually is. It doesn't have to be too formalised, just regular and with specific intention. But you need to be serious about doing it because you will get tested. It's only by doing this that we can let go of these beliefs as we take control of our own spiritual evolution and move forward without the burden of having to deal with other people's ideas.

[​IMG]