Would you have fought in 'nam?

Discussion in 'General' started by Phisherman, Nov 10, 2011.

1. I'm watching Vietnam in HD right now and i've been thinking, would i have enlisted or just not went? I personally think i would've gone before Tet when victory was possible but, afterwards when everyone knew all was lost. I don't know what i would've done. What about you guys?

2. It's hard to say. I don't really know enough about it now to know whether or not we were there for any good reason, and even more so if I was alive back then. Who knows how propaganda would have affected me? Fighting for your country and fighting for your government are two very different things, and it's hard to say which that war was about.

3. yeah, if I got to fuck shit up!

4. This shit on History channel is pretty deep. Yeah I would have went.

5. [quote name='"steveTHEstoner"']yeah, if I got to fuck shit up![/quote]

Unless you got your shit fucked up

6. i would have but not because of the retards in washington, because of my fellow men who were going too.

7. I probably would have chilled in Canada.

Though, my mindset could have been different back then. Perhaps I would have had a different view of the spreading of communism. But most likely not.

8. id be heading to Canada before I even got my Draft Letter.

9. I would pretend I'm gay

10. Hard to say. Probably head up north.

11. [quote name='"thelizardkin"']I would pretend I'm gay[/quote]

I got a feeling they would figure out that you werent

12. i'd be droppin unmentionables and smoking bud... fuck that war yo, that shit was fucked up

13. Funny, I just got done watching We Were Soldiers. And I agree with porchy ^

14. I would have gone just to shoot up and smoke weed

15. I don't think I would have had a choice with the draft and everything but yeah sure I would fight in 'Nam. I think it was an important experience for the period. The Vietnam War defines that time in my opinion. It's unfortunate but true.

16. For what the army is paying, fuck no

17. #17 jmick, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2011
    Nobody wanted to go, everybody did everything they could to not have to go. Anybody that says they wanted to go is either lying or a fucking poser...It isn't like it is today, nobody was waving a flag and calling you patriotic...NOBODY wanted to go.

18. For me, whether or not I was a gung-ho hawk or a peacenik didn't matter...I never would have passed the physical...even if I did, my eyes falling apart (detached retinas at 22) would've washed me out with a medical discharge

19. #19 aznno0odles, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2011
    you niqqas do not want to go to nam. i been there and it was cool but at the same time unpleasant. the funny thing is also,my parents were talking about how vietnam had gotten so much better than what it was. some REAL ghetto shit, cuhz.

edit- oh yeah the question, my gramps fought for the south then transported over the states, sooo no fightin for me

20. I have read a few Vietnam books by people who were there. Like their story and all, some of that stuff is extremely depressing and horrifying.

But at least those people have lived an amazing experience.

I think I would go, no matter how scary it is, just to be a part of it.

I would probably wish I didn't go once an AK starts firing and my buddy steps on a trip wire and blows up in front of me...

Fuck that.. :(