Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

would you consider yourself psychologically addicted?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Crimson King, Jun 29, 2008.

1. ive smoked every day for like 6 months, maybe with 1 or 2 days here and there that i've gone without, but sometimes i get worried that im too reliant on weed.

yesterday though, i told myself i wouldnt smoke any and i didnt, so does that mean i'm alright and can go nuts and smoke as much as i want with the knowledge that i can stop at any time i need to? or should i go without for a bit longer to really test myself?
    i have no problem not smoking when i dont have any weed due to lack of funds or whatever, but the real test is having it there and not using it.

other than weekends though, i pretty much only smoke alone, or sometimes with my mum. and since none of my friends are nearly as into weed as i am, i always get teased for being drugfucked and shit.

what are your guys smoking patterns? do u do it alone more often or only smoke with friends? how often? and would you consider yourself addicted?

2. I've actually been thinking about this a lot lately.

I think I am psychologically addicted.

I smoke by myself daily, and I smoke with others on average 6/7 days of the week.

:smoke:

3. i usually smoke by myself unless im out with some friends that smoke..
    when i have weed ill usually smoke just once a day, maybe twice and sometimes skip a day of smoking.. its good to stop from time to time to lower your tolerance.
    i would not consider myself addicted. its been a week since i smoked.. id rather be smoking but it isnt that bad because i know i will get higher next time i do because of the tolerance break

4. I have not smoked weed (except twice) in about 13 years. I am here because I wanted to learn to grow because I want to try MJ as a medicinal option. I have a rather serious injury to my spine and live with pain daily. I want to try MJ because I feel like I am becoming addicted to pain medication (Oxycodone) and it is beginning to not work for me. Also I feel like a zombie and am sleepy all the time from the medication.

I remember the great things that MJ did for me back in the day when I did smoke. From headaches to even being hot in no AC. Mj worked wonders.

Anyway, back when I was smoking I went about 4 years of smoking EVERYDAY at least 3times a day. I never went without for longer than 4-6 hours. I thought then that I would be smoking weed the rest of my days. Not because of an addiction but because I loved it. One day I made a decision that I had to stop because, although weed wasnt ruining me it was ruining my drive. I was in a shitty job, and a shitty relationship, and I was 25 living at home, and I think that the MJ was making me ok with all that. I was stoned so I was happy.

So I gave up the MJ. I never felt a physical need, but mentally I knew it was gone. I was'nt depressed but my world was different. I was sober and my life was shitty! Not because I didnt have weed, but because without the weed I wasn't ok with how shit was. So I moved on and made the changes I needed to.

Some years later I smoked again a couple of times and it was nothing how I remembered it. It didnt make me feel good and carefree like it did before. I felt high but I felt wierd and uncomfortable. I think it was cause I was in a different place in my life then and I felt like I shouldnt be doing it. But it was not the pleasant experience I has remembered it to be.

Now Im counting on it medically. I hope it doesnt bum me out this time around.

5. i like smoking by myself cause i get so muich higher than with a group of people....its all in your minds dudes you can do anything you want if you set your mind to it....and i agree having weed and having time to smoke it with nothing else to really do is fucking hard as shit

oh yea and going rediculously copious amounts of times with out smoking weed like 6 months is crazy when you smoke again like it was nothing like a iremembered but still alll good and now i havent smoked since god i cant even remember but im feelin its time to bust out the bong again for a lil while

6. Crimson king, if you feel good about it then go for it. Just remember that moderation is a good thing and know that its easy to become complacent in life with weed. If you are poor and/or in a bad place and have no way to change things MJ is great at making that situation bearable. But if you are in a bad situation like I was and you could change that and make things better for your self then you must evaluate the possibility of life without MJ.

7. I havent smoked with nobody but myself in about 2 and a half weeks now.

My bro quit smokin about then for undisclosed reasons, And since then i slowed down.

Went from blunts and blunts everyday, Wake n bake a blunt with my buddy and me and then my bro would wake up, We'd be blazed and smoked a joint or two when he wakes up. Id drive to a fast food joint, We'd slob down come back home chillin on the front porch for a hour or so and then we at it again.

Id smoke 10+ blunts a day n shit.

Then up intill a couple days ago i smoked nothing but bowls so my shit lasted awhile then i smoked a 1 gram blunt to the dome and was enjoyin it, Been smokin more joints since, 3 yesterday and on my 2nd tonight but its a FATTY.

But ive learned not to abuse the drug, Im not smoking all day now, I might take like 3-4 hits after being up a hour-2 hours on my day off then continue on what im working on whatever it is. Never smokin during the day when theres nothing to do anymore, Jus for the nice feelin while working on something but not enough to really fuck it up, Just enough dank to look around every once in awhile and smile.

Then at night i party for 2-4 hours normally. Drank a couple 40's, Smoke a bowl every half hour or a joint every hour + now.

This weeds dank so its fukin gettin me stoned off not much so well see how i budet the next sack.

But for any herb smoker its deff worth taking into persepctive your usage. Im still using more then i feel i should but still feel i need/want it more then i need/want to slow down more.

All in moderation.

8. You smoke like I used to Reefa! Nothing better to me than wakin up and takin one to the head! I used to pack a fat bowl the night before so I wouldnt have to do it half asleep.

9. I wonder if I'm addicted too. I've always had no problem stopping for a day or two but sleeping is really hard and I dont have too many tight friends were I live so I get pretty bored after a day or two sober with no weed to blaze up at night. I'm on night 2 of possible t-break tonight and Im so fucking tempted to hit up a little bowl but I think I might finally be commited to actually going thru with it. also took some kolonopin tonight to help me be chilleD

10. I usually smoke by myself I think i like it better than when I am with friends cause sometimes they get so stupid it kills my high that or they hog it all up. I rather just chill in my room with some music ( & GC). If i could smoke everyday i probably would. when i get alot of weed i usually do smoke everyday till i relaize i am running low.

11. ahh. yes.
    Good thread...
    Anyway.
    I honestly think, if i had weed all the time, i would probably get psychologically addicted, or somewhere near. Because, everytime i get weed, it doesn't last very long.... because im usually just like on the computer late at night, and im thinking "well... I have weed... and i could smoke it and get high... or i could just go to bed" and i usually smoke it. XD.
    It's just i take smoking weed over a lot of things. like "should i go and smoke or stay here and hang out with my sober friends" and i usually go toke.

12. When I was younger smoking weed was the most pleasurable things Ive done. A side from sex it was the shit. I hope its that way for me again.

13. i totally get you....I dont have a job and the other day i had an interview i was getting dressed for it and when i was looking for my heels i see my bong and i was like i should take a hit before i leave then i came down to should i stay here get high or go to the interview. I stayed home and got fucking stoned lol in my interview cloths i figure if i go to the interview they would probably want a drug test that i would proabby fail and it woul be a waste of life :p... how responsible of me

14. lmao too funny

15. hahaha.

ps yeah i dont let it affect my life in any way. i have a casual job as a sales assistant, but im getting a job as a travel agent in august so ill probably be forced to quit or cut down a lot then anyway, so i should probably just make the most of the free time i have now. i just feel lame smoking alone cause i dont know anyone else that does it except for people who frequent weed forums.

ps @hexter, you wouldve had like 0 tolerance when u went back to smoking, so you probably got, like, too stoned. and sounds like you didnt have the right mindset either.
    what do you want to use it for medically? i have ulcerative colitis and weed sometimes helps it if i have a flare up or something. i have to take like 10 other prescription drugs as well though.

16. The nex time you get high

before you get high

go to blockbuster and get a fuckin hilarious movie

buy some taco bell on the way home

put the movie in, kick back, toke and eat until the movie is over.

If you dont enjoy THAT, then I dont think theres any hope when it comes to MJ and you.

17. damn.

I wish I did that...but earlier.

:smoke:

18. i personally am not mentally addictied to weed, but i got a friend and i offered him 100 dollars if he didnt smoke for a month and he tried it but was smoking within 3 days

19. Yo, the way I see it, if you enjoy the reefer and it aint fuckin up your life, why shouldn't you do it. Assuming that most of you on this site have smoked, you know what im talkin bout. Smoke the shit and enjoy your life, it aint coke shit.

20. I injured my back on the job a few years ago and after a few weeks of therapy I had weakness and lost feeling in my legs, butt and crotch (yes my penis!) Also I couldnt pee or move my bowels. Long story short I had some herniated discs that caused nerve damage I had a lumbar lamanectomy and regained the ability to poo and pee but I have permanant paralyis in my legs (right mostly) and mild numbness in my legs and crotch.

Everything was ok after the surgery (pain wise) for a couple of years as long as I didnt stand for any length of time. But now the pain is returning almost constantly and I dont like the side effects of the pain medication. So I thought I would try MJ again and see if it helps me.

This time I am going to take it very slow with the amount I use and approach it with baby steps. The MJ that is out here now days is much stronger then the stuff from 15 years ago.