Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would You Consider Yourself Addicted?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Pch340, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Sure weed is a non addictive drug but users often develop a psychological addiction to it. How long have you been smoking and can you say that you are truly not addicted.

2. I've been smoking daily with long tolerance breaks in between for 8 years. It's harder for me to quit watching tv than quit smoking.

3. I have been smoking almost non stop for about 3 years. I am definately addicted and I am going to undergo self imposed detox starting tomorrow. I will let you know what the scoop is on breaking the addiction and what it feels like. I will be stopping for atleast 6 months but my goal is going to be a year or longer if I can tolerate it.

4. I have smoked regularly the past 1.5 years, I am 22 and have taken several 1week-1month tolerance breaks and I can say I am truly NOT addicted.

5. why are you choosing to stop?

just curious

6. Daily over a year.

I couldnt imagine myself living without it. and when I do, I get bored and depressed. So ya. :(

7. Well for a lot of reasons. But the main reason is I want to prove to myself that I don't need any substance to get me through daily life. I feel that I have been living in a stoned bliss the last three years of my life and I want to get to growing. To grow personally and grow with the people I love.

Part of the reason for my addiction is that I used Medical MJ to help with the side affects of chemotherapy. And after I was in remission I just carried over the habit. It's been almost four years later and I am still smoking the same amount everyday.

So mostly just to prove I don't need to use substances in my life, unless its really healthy food for my body.

I want to be able to use the herb as my ally to see things more clearly in life and to show me my creative side. But I know that day will never come if I keep going down the path that I am on and abusing this sacred herb like I have been.

Wish me luck fellow blades. Peace

8. weed is my medicine so fuck yeah i need it. I mean i dont need it to live and all that noise. but hey why the hell not?

so many addicts in so many ways

9. ive been smokin everyday straight for the past 2 and a half years and today im dry and i dont really care the only addiction you cant get to weed is a mental one not a physical one personally i dont even think you can be mentally addicted either you just gotta face the fact your not gonna have herb that day or week or what ever

10. It depends on what you consider addicted...would I suck dick for herb? Na...but I've put herb before food before haha.

11. Yes, I would. Why is that such a bad thing? Everyone who smokes cigs, should consider themselves addicted. It's not the worst thing in the world.

12. id say im addicted as in i need to smoke to be what i consider normally functioning. it helps me, so without it, i feel im at a dissadvantage.

i do feel like im addicted to drugs in general, only in the sense that i like them, they make me feel good and i want to do them more, and as much as i can. if thats addiction, well, call me an addict! i sure do love drugs.

13. There is no such thing as a non addictive drug. I think you meant, you can not have physical withdrawal symptoms from it? Which you actually can, there are many people on this forum who have discussed this in the past. Everything from stress to headaches.

No, it can not be compared to heroin, where you can have convulsions and night sweats, but a headache is still a physical withdrawal symptom.

And to my first point again, there is no such thing as a non-addictive drug. Any activity can be addictive to some people. Some people can be addicted to video games, food, television, marijuana, playing on the computer, browsing graasscity forums, etc, etc, etc.

There is no such thing as something being non-addictive, because I guarantee you to someone in the world, it is.

14. I've been smoking for 2 years, and I would not consider myself addicted. When I run out, I don't find myself desperately wanting to get high, and I can function fine without.

15. Yes, definitely addicted in a sense. Slightly physically (I get moody, restless when taking a short break after smoking for some time) but definitely mentally. I love having weed. Although one thing I like about being "addicted" to weed, if I may use that term, is we're the happiest fucking addicts on this planet. You don't see a message board full of heroin addicts, because they've sold their computers to buy more dope. Alcoholics can seem happy but they're just trying to get to their next fix. Marijuana users just straight up have a good time on weed, and embrace the addiction. If I'm an addict, I love being one.

16. By psychological addiction, I mean your brain craves the effect of marijuana not the substance itself. Any substance or activity is addicting in its own way but only some substance are actually chemically addictive (heroin, nicotine, alcohol etc.)
    I used to be a once a month-my-friends-are-doing-it-and-it-feels-good-smoker.
    I became a twice a month smoker.
    Now I'm at I have to at least twice a week and I'm feeling as if I need it everyday.
    This is only over a 3 month period of time. I'm aware that I have horrible will and will give in easily. That's why my friends and I want to cut down to 3 times a month.

17. uh, life is just that much more boring without weed. sure, i mean its a beautiful life, and a beautiful world out there, but hey weeds here too, so why not?? i always say, "you do you".

18. not addicted

all you gotta do is get past that first day without and you're golden

19. Get past about a 5 day hump and then you're home free..as long as you don't have an addictive personality.

Weed is VERY psychologically addicting, I don't care what people say.

20. Yeah actually I kind of am. I mean not nearly to the point of a *real* addiction, but probably worse than caffeine in its way. When I'm hanging out with friends, we really do need bud to have a good time, which is sad to be honest. When we don't have any we just sit around bored. It's just that it's *so* fun - it's basically the ultimate cure for boredom because it literally makes everything entertaining - that it makes other things seem less fun.