Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

would you consider cannabis

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The Audion, Sep 28, 2010.

1. To be psychedelic? I have done some reading on psychedelic drugs and it seems to me that getting really baked is comparable to very low doses of psychedelics. People always say, you don't trip on weed. It may not be a full blown trip like one experiences on some drugs, but it definitely shares some aspects with a psychedelic experience.

you may disagree. or this thread will just get deleted.

2. For me, I can sometimes trip slightly on weed. If I smoke enough, I can look at my hands a certain way (slightly in my peripherals) and they will look kind of weird. I also have these pillows and if I rub my hands back and forth on them, it will feel very spikey and very slow-mo. I have also had instances where I can actually hear songs playing in my head, made from other noises.

My friend also claimed that one time it felt kind of cartoonish and he described it as "being in the 90's" (????). He's a pussy lightweight though.

Personally, I would consider weed a psychedelic. But with no hallucinations.

3. Yes. I agree.

4. I would definitely consider marijuana a psychedelic, it can alter your perception of things.

I would not consider marijuana a hallucinogen.

Edit: post 532. + rep if anyone guesses the significance of this post number.

5. psychedelic-of or noting a mental state characterized by a profound sense of intensified sensory perception, sometimes accompanied by severe perceptual distortion and hallucinations and by extreme feelings of either euphoria or despair.

to me this includes audible hallucinations/altered awareness/dream state/third person movie like feeling.. all of which cannabis can cause :smoke:

so yes its a psychedelic

6. Nope! Not at all for me. If anything to me its like an opiate except with a major head high. Opiates gives me mostly body highs.

7. 523 was New Mexico MMJ I believe...but other than that I'm stumped.

8. its very subtle, mild psychedelic. Its like you're seeing the same things except my brain is like working different and a little faster. If you dont agree then get really high and close your eyes and think

9. I believe so, More so with Indicas. Timothy Leary also wrote something saying high doses of weed is comparable to a low dose mushroom experience.

I have also read on another forum about LSD, that weed will be more psychedelic after you've tripped.

It is classified as a hallucinogenic too..

10. Everytime i get high after smoking a few bowls, and im just laying on my bed, i always stare down at my shirt wrinkles, after 10 seconds or so it looks cartoonish and like small white mountains in a way, depending on the shirt color :p It's pretty awesome. But then again, if i stare at anything for a little while it starts to look a little wierd, but the shirt thing is pretty cool. :p

11. VERY mild one if that. Its almost its own class of drug imo

12. When a smoke has psychedelic-like effects, it's said to be trippy. The stuff I've smoked for the past two days, some under-ripe white widow, is especially trippy.

13. I`d consider it psychedelic, but in no way, shape, or form a hallucinogen. Closest I`ve come to actually visually tripping out on weed is just mind tricks from looking at things too quickly and perceiving them as something else. (e.g. garden lights appearing to be birds at first glance.)

I would describe weed, when you`re incredibly ripped, to be like the coming-up on a psychedelic, like say LSD.

14. Very minor psychadelic, becomes even less "psychadelic" after a genuine hallucinogen.

It's probably in certain circumstance the most spiritual of everything I have tried.

15. when you're higher then you have ever been before that's when it becomes a phycidellic.

16. Yes I've had experiences with weed that compare to other experiences. If you catch my drift.

I think edibles are more psychedelic than smoking.

17. #17 Deleted member 133001, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
    Bolded part is true in my experience.

I don't consider cannabis a psychedelic substance (even though it might be classified as one), I guess because I did lots of other not to be named stronger psychedelics, so compared to those experiences, weed is a walk in the park.

The thought processes you experience on weed compared to other drugs are incomparable IMO. Weed makes you hazy, the potential for scariness on other psychedelics (for me anyway) is that you're completely clear minded but you can't control what you're seeing/thinking so you're quicker to think you're going crazy. Weed just makes me chill out.

If you asked me the same question when I first started smoking weed, my answer would be a definite yes.

18. Sometimes when my eyes close or not Everything Multiplys lol

19. I agree with pretty much everything that was said here. Weed is certainly not a hallucinogen, at least not at any practical dose. But IMO, it does intensify emotion, and changes your perception of things like a true psychedelic. It makes colors appear brighter and can cause the choppy strobe vision which I read happens with mushrooms.

It annoys me when people compare weed to meth, crack, heroin, cocaine and all that nonsense. It much more related psychedelic drugs.

20. maybe more eupohoric?