Would you buy my budget phone over a premium handset?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by guyverman, Aug 14, 2013.

1. 4" 960x540 AMOLED covered in saphire crystal
    dual core "HPM" snapdragon clocked at only 1.6GHz
    1GB RAM
    stock Android 4.2
    removable 2000mah battery
    6.5mm thickness
    only 8GB of onboard storage but SD card slot
    waterproof for 30min at 30ft
    5MP bsi rear cam, no front cam
    HSPA+(no LTE)

200$ WITHOUT contract

2. Honestly here in the usa no, as i could easily get a top grade performance and branded phone off craigslist at that price.

3. You can get a shatterproof/waterproof phone with 18hr battery life on craigslist for 200$?

4. Ah no, you should market that towards construction workers and stuff then, me i wouldnt personally be intrested in it.

5. Merrica

6. No. Hence why I have a Galaxy S4.

Sent from my Samsung GS4 SCH-I545

7. On contract?

8. Yes. It cost $199 at the time I bought it and I typically keep phones for about two years so I figured it was worth it.

9. Not interested, personally.

I like using major manufacturers because better support tends to be available.

I want LTE.  I like things to be fast.

The camera is also lower quality than a lot of modern phone cameras.

10. Lol. Its not actually MY phone, its just a set of specs that I put together that emphazised cost, battery life and longevity over the current spec arms races.

The camera isn't low quality, its bsi and is still capable of 1080p.

And although hspa+ is nowhere near lte in speeds, its still pretty dang acceptable and has nearly 10x the coverage.

11. Once you've been spoiled by LTE speeds nothing compares.

12. Yup.  It would be like going back to dial up for your home Internet connection...you just wouldn't do it willingly.

13. Hspa+ averages 10mbps, that's broadband. Wtf are you guys doing on your phones? Batch torrenting/gaming? Whatever, you guys posting actually have the money to be spec whores(one of em myself), I started this thread to see market viability of the idea for people who haven't made the jump to touchscreen and people who want that apple "feel" with the perks of android.

14. YouTube videos, streaming Netflix, music, web browsing... It's all instantaneous on a solid 4g LTE connection. If you haven't used 4g then you don't really know how quick it is.

What do you mean by that last part? You haven't said anything about Apple.

15. Did I mention the screen is essentially unbreakable, has nearly 4x the compute resources to handle the screens resolution, 6.5mm thickness, and almost 18hrs of continuous use? How is that not attractive at a 200$ non-contract price.(excluding spec whores like feanor and bp) :p

16. Smaller screen for one handed use really. I know its not that big of a deal to use an s4 one-handed, but the smaller form factor does feel nice in the hand.

17. Its attractive,but my note2 5.5" 720p screen coupled with 4G speeds, would be hard. Its all about who you're consumers are though, like a couple people said.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. but can it take pictures like this?:

[​IMG]

Actual size of spider:   [              ]

19. Or one like this. 13 megapixels of goodness.

Attached Files:

20. Male dolomedes, nice!