Would you buy a 400HPS from Ebay?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jimmyz, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Would you buy a 400HPS from a dealer on Ebay and pay with a paypal card?
    Is it just paranoid thinking that, that might be throwing up a red flag to the police or is that just paranoid thinking?

Would it be something that would be reported or would this information be available to the authorities? I mean why would someone buy a HPS if not to grow the glorious bud?
    Tell me if I'm just geeking out.

2. no your just paranoid , we all prolly get like that
    the guy selling it isnt in trouble, and i dont think cops put up grow lights on ebay to bust people
    you will be ok , and i think people use these kind of lights for lighting up a store or a big room

3. i'd NEVER use a paypal card to buy anything, much less any grow equip... once the shit is registered it stays in there, god knows who ultimately gets access to the data, even if it's only saved for "market research purposes"... :rolleyes:
    also with ebay i'd watch out not to buy electronics from chinese sellers, they much too often peddle cheap knockoffs, especially in the lighting section...

4. Not a lover myself of EvilBay. Last lighting stuff I bought was on line, from a lighting supplier, not a ripoff grow shop.
    But remember, loads of people use HID lamps, from market gardeners to sports grounds.

5. Thanks all
    I purchased from HG supply on Ebay.
    You know I never thought about it when I bid and won but then I was reading that its not safe to buy and use a paypal card paranoia sets in and I start wondering if my purchase is traceable and all the paranoid stuff.

So others have bought from HG supply on Ebay and never had problems or concerns?
    Thanks for understanding

6. There are as many people buying lighting off of Ebay that grow indoor tomatoes and herbs as those growing weed. I can assure you that no one is going to open a full scale investigation on a buyer of ONE 400 watt light.

Also, these online hydro stores are going to protect you as much as they can, as us indoor growers are their bread and butter.

Easy my friend.....you're safe......chunk

7. Thanks Chunk man
    I really thought the same thing but I let paranoia set in.
    Sometimes you just got to NOT listen to what others say and stay with LOGIC.

I will now chant!|

Theres nothing to be paranoid about!
    Theres nothing to be paranoid about!

:eek:

8. If your talking about HTG Supply, I buy from them ALL OF THE TIME at their web site - www.htgsupply.com - an excellant supplier with some of the best prices on lights. I am ready to outfit a second grow room and the lights will be gotten from them!

Good Luck!

9. It isn't the light that is illegal it's the weed growing. Many people do use them for legitimate purposes :smoking:

10. Thanks for taking the time to ease a first time grower in his last weeks before harvest. The buds are big and long!