Would you believe in GOD?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Revelationary, Jan 19, 2011.

1. It is commonly inferred that in death we will know the truth about GOD.

Well let's say that you did die, and in death you found an afterlife, but no tangible god. This afterlife was no necessarily as it is described by many religions but it was an afterlife none the less. In this afterlife you retained all of your previous knowledge and experience, but there were new goals (you can use your imagination as to what these goals are) to be accomplished. Would you believe in GOD at this point? Why or why not?

2. Sounds like scifi, if the variables line up in such a way, then yes, I would believe God, if that was the case, in that sense, God would be the one handling souls, and would be afterlife in general.

3. What really blows my mind is wondering if that's already happened.

4. The existence of that place will be no more a reason than the existence of this place.

And there will probably be Einstein there who will have had almost 100 years to put it together with the help of people like Newton, I imagine they will have a more sensible explanation.

5. sounds like dmt haha

6. This scenario is not happening because we would be aware. I stated that we would retain our knowledge and experience

Possibly, but would you believe in GOD.

Possibly, but would you believe in GOD.

7. Unlike some people, I tend not to believe in things I have no reason to believe. As I said there would be no more reason to believe in an afterlife as there is now, and I currently have no reason to believe, the answer should have been evident.

If you're dense: NO.

8. So you're saying we're put into a new existence? Like a new sandbox? Like this universe?

In other words, would I believe in GOD if I were to die and wake up in a new existence/universe, while retaining the knowledge of the previous existence/universe.

My response: I would have the same belief I have now.

9. Exactly, we continue on with everything except the memory of death. What if sleeping is death? What if we die each and every night and wake up in an entirely new universe every morning?

10. #10 Dryice, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2011
    Pragmatism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I side with the pragmatists, Trip (on this issue). If you want a more meaningful response I'll be happy to oblige, but I think you can deduce what I'm getting at from that link.

11. i dunno what would convince me to believe in a god.

12. Im still trying to decipher what "God" is.

13. That would make God out to be a liar.

God said... thou shalt surely die. Gen 2:17

The serpent said... Ye shall not surely die: Gen 3:4

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. Gen 3:5\t

God says you gonna die.

If there is an afterlife then God was the liar and Satan was telling the truth.

14. I find it's hard to answer "What if's".... Personally I like this one...

Would you believe in God, if you never heard of him and lived a Life without hearing about him? That my friends is the question, fuck Shakespeare.

15. What if... God is Satan, and Satan is God. That is why God banished him out of Heaven because he didn't want the Truth about God comming out... DUM DUM DUMMMMM!

16. Yeah I don't actually believe the shit I was saying, but sometimes I get to thinking about it just for the hell of it. I like to think of crazy unrealities sometimes.

17. Unlike some people I do not make assumptions.

If this is the afterlife your imagination creates then understandable, but I was hoping for more creative personal interpretations when I left it open to the reader.

18. Interesting

19. Personally you gotta Listen to God, not believe in him, Listening to God causes you to believe in him... He works, It works, She works, in magical ways... Not how religion teaches you, it's much more complex than that.. And when you find God from listening to him, you'll be like, Ohhhh, Now I understand... That's been God, this whole time?? God I'm stupid...

Trust me, I use to be an "Atheist"... As of two Months ago...

And Now I believe in God, not even believe, I FEEL GOD, I KNOW IT exists... It connects to my Mind every night... I personally call it "The Source." Since a Child (which I feel you feel it the Most) I've always felt him, heard him, chose not to Listen to the/my Calling, chose to ignore him, because it is a bit overwhelming, but when you gain the strength to let him in (Took me 20 years) there is no turning back. You have been empowered to the fullest extent, and day by day will only get stronger.

I feel as though Not all People are meant to "find God" it's a Gift some of us are Blessed with, because we've been put on Earth to change it for the better of Mankind... sounds conceded, but if you knew what I knew, you'd understand, theres a Path you are suppose to walk, and once you find God, you're on that Path, and closer to your True Purpose.

20. You sound so sure of everything, I find that comical.