Would you accept $1,000,000 if it meant someone random would lose their life?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by 311Style, Jun 17, 2011.

1. I forgot how I got into this conversation with my boss, but he said he would. He said he feels random people die all the time, so what's the big deal?

Would do you guys think?

2. Sounds like the plot of a bad movie.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes, and I would then donate it to a trustworthy charity organization.

4. About 70,000 people die each day.....I think someone owes me a LOT of CASH !!

5. Sounds like a plot to a GOOD movie lol

6. and then a random person get asked the same question and you die

7. Holy shit.. that's it man. I think my boss brought it up because it was in a movie he just seen.. and when the individuals would say yes, they would end up being next, or something along those lines.

8. Yeah man the movie is called 'The Box' I think with Cameron Diaz.

I wouldnt do it though idky i just dgaf

9. you beat me to it^^^^^

10. The question should be "Would you accept $1,000,000 if it meant someone random, who would otherwise live a long and full life, would lose their life?"

That brings it to a true moral level, and you can't rationalize it by saying "well people always die." I wouldn't do it, no amount of money would ever ease my conscious and no human life should be judged against something as insignificant and material as money.

11. Nope.i don't think i can live with myself.

12. i would push the button before you finished the sentence.

13. says the guy named hippielama?

I wouldn't do it. I dont need a million dollars that badly.

If I did need the money that badly; I would get off my ass and earn it. And some poor schmuck somewhere out there can have another lease on life. Courtesy of me.

14. for all you it could be a terminally ill patient thats suffering.

or a murderer.

ruthless dictator.

or the guy that proposed the challenge.

no real harm done.

15. yeah but it's not about they guy that died. he just dies but the ones around him can lose someone important. what if your dad was the guy that died when you were 5 years old, assuming you had a dad then.

16. I would kill the guy that gave me the the offer for being a dick. And then take the money. Best plan yet.

17. wow everybody would have done stupid shit if they realized afterwards that they could just do this.

18. 10 million dollars or a key?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrKnhOJ-R80]YouTube - ‪Black Button - Short Film‬‏[/ame]

19. Only a million? No, I still have a few strands of moral fiber.

Now, if you're talking a billion...we may have a problem.

20. I know its wrong, but I dont have a huge problem with it.. its pretty damn tempting
    thats a lot of money

and if i didnt know the difference it would be easy to live with

but i wouldnt because I do know that its wrong

but fuck i would want to