Would we ever take action?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hundredgrand, Jan 14, 2013.

1. What would have to happen to the USA before you would actually get off your computer and do something? Drone striking civilians? Abolishing 2nd amendment? 1st Amendment? Martial Law? Internet Ban? Death penalty for possessing weed?

I think I might do something if there was an internet ban or death penalty on weed,..."might" :smoke:

2. depends on what you mean by take action.

I keep my eye out for real up and coming politicians to vote for and support/spread the word about here locally, but there really isnt anyone stepping up.
    I have debated politics with people I know and it never seems to go anywhere unless they are completely uninformed and interested. Otherwise they stick with there beliefs.

If i see a good movement ill get behind it. There just isnt any, and im not gonna be the guy to start it up. Im also busy with my own damn life and dont have much time to take on all these issues, id rather better myself until Im in a situation where I can influence people more.

3. Thats the problem, a lot of people think this way myself included but someone has to start the movement who is going to do it?

4. Depends really. I couldn't go to a movement like occupy wall st because I have to work and provide for myself and others. I think that impedes a lot of regular honest Americans from taking a stand. They just get caught up in their own lives.

I would love to go to some rally or riot. They do sound fun.

5. Ban on fast food.

They took our burgerrrrrrrrrrrrrs !!!!

6. Chemical warfare !!!!!

7. Check out my thread in real life stories bro, that's what I'm doing.

8. We tried that. Ron Paul had the election stolen from him even though he was the popular candidate

9. If this forum was the entire voting base I would agree with you.

10. Makes you wonder if the country even cares when 90% votes for obama or romney because they believe Ron Paul is "unelectable"

11. ahahahaha youre hilarious

12. He was the most popular candidate on youtube and online generally but not everyone watches youtube or is online

13. My friends attended the repub primaries in Seattle.

They said RP had the most supporters, but right before the vote all the Santorum, Romney and whoever the other fucker was's supporters all voted for Romney.

Its because unfortunately the only people who have the time to be political are unemployed college students and old retired people

14. @OP
    What do you mean by action?

The fact that there hasn't been "action" yet shows it is highly unlikely. I think no matter the policy, "martial law, internet ban", etc, statists will remain loyal and keep making remarks such as:

If you don't like it you can vote next election.
    Things are a lot worse in other places around the world.
    (and my favorite) If you don't like it you can GTFO.

15. I "take action" every day! :hello:

At the very least, I comment in the news several times a week and expose folks to facts that they can check out for themselves!

I work on my List daily, so YOU can back yourself up with facts from PubMed and medical journals that are difficult to dispute! (To get your copy, see the bottom of my sig.) :D

Then, there are those bone-headed politicians who get to hear from me now and then :cool: Contact Elected Officials | USA.gov

Real revolutions don't take place in the streets- they take place in the mind!

Granny :wave:

16. no, tons of people watch youtube.

but i dont think any other candidates were campaigning on youtube so there was no competition.

everyone can watch videos but not everyone can vote. which leads me to suspect lots of ron paul voters are little kids

17. A lot of younger people are the people who watch these videos, not very many people over the age of 30 are part of the computer age

18. Support is all I'm waiting for.

19. #20 ytfghmjb, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    well i have a lot of guns.. does that count