Would this work?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jahlovepeace, Apr 24, 2010.

1. I have 4 feminized Early Skunk seeds and 2 feminized Lemon Skunk seeds coming in the mail. I'm only germinating the seeds at my house and then they're going outside in the forest, my plan is to start them off in 1 liter pots with a plastic bag over the top with a elastic holding it in place, to create a hot house effect and to protect them from animals. Would this work and if so how long should I keep the plastic bags on them?

2. i'm not sure if that would work, i've been trying to do something like this for my seeds. i would try to poke some small holes in the bag. but i would can the whole bag idea and go get one of those jiffy starter greenhouses from home depot. thats what i have and i think im going to poke some holes in it just in case, so some co2 and oxygen can get in but no bugs.

3. Yea that's what I was worried about, I have to poke smalls holes in the bag.

At what height should I remove the plastic bags?

4. skip all that, let me find the link for you two. There is all kinds of stuff you can do organically in the area around your plants to keep pests away. The bag is NOT a good idea, it screems anti stealth as well as disaster waiting to happen to a young, weak, plant.

5. i agree with this guy. dont go with the bags at all. they arent meant to go over baby plants. read about ways to keep pests away or get one of those jiffy starter greenhouse things

6. I appreciate the help man, I'll do a search for organic pest deterrents.