Would this Vaporizer idea work?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Budderball, Jun 25, 2011.

1. I want to make a vaporizer, but I'd rather not do the light bulb one. I began scouring the kitchen for something I could use, something made out of thin glass.

After striking out, I looked over at my coffee maker. I tapped on the glass pot and it seems surprisingly thin...could work. Then I realized it already has a built in heating element!

Do you think I could get the herb hot enough to produce vapors with this? I read that THC vaporizes around 185F and a cup of hot coffee is typically 185-200. Seems perfect, what do you think?

2. seems like it will work. let me know if it does i might want to try it to.

3. I'm on a t-break until July, so I won't actually be trying it until like next week. Just wanted some opinions if it will work, in theory.

In the mean time, I'll brainstorm ideas on how to contain/inhale the vapor. Shouldn't be too complicated.

More input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

4. Hmm... I must have read wrong. I think it begins to vape at 185C, not Fahrenheit. I think it's still worth a go though. That thing will definitely get hot as fuck with no coffee in it...

5. Fuckin subbed halfway through the second sentence.

6. Did you ever get something to work?

7. i don't think this will work very well.
    how are you going to control the temp?
    how are you going to inhale the vapor?

you will have to at least use a decent amount of bud to get any vapor depending on the size of the coffee pot.

I would really suggest buying a real vaporizer before you waste your bud and time.

8. iThat prolly wont work. It would take alot more and would prolly not vap it right. YOu wouold have to move your bud around alot and it would be annoying it seems like.