Would this setup work?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rpmuser123, May 15, 2009.

1. This is a plant light setup I already made for starting flower/vegetable seeds indoors. The materials for the entire setup(wood, chain, lights, timer) were about 40 bucks. But would this also be fine for growing marijuana?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. It looks like you'll need some more powerful lights if you wanna grow the ganja

edit: What type / wattage are the lights? you could probably start some seedlings under those and move them outdoors later

3. There are 4, 48 inch lights. They are 40 watts a piece and 3200 lumens, color is cool, 4100k

4. Yeah you could veg a few plants under them until they're a few weeks old, but you couldnt go from seed to harvest under them

5. Not even with a few additional cfl's?

6. Anyone telling you that you can't grow ganja with them is full of shit. You could grow a tree with that set up if you really wanted too.

Just don't expect to grow a giant forest of lucious green with such little wattage. But absolutely you grow probably any plant with that set up providing you could keep the environment correct.

7. You couldn't grow a "tree" under that thing. Those tubes just wouldnt have enough light penetration for a worthwhile grow. They could be used for the veg period, but for flowering you would need a good amount of side lighting and some reflective sheeting. Not to mention the colour temp isn't ideal for flowering

8. I didn't say it would be a sweet looking tree, or even resemble a tree. But it would sprout I'm sure. Florotubes run so cold you can let your plant wrap it's leaves around the tube if you wanted too. I don't recommend it, but it has happened to be me before.

I was more or less just trying to point out that if he has used that light to start a bunch of veggies it is producing enough light for a plant to photosynthesize.