Would this set-up be perfect?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by White Smoke, Feb 9, 2013.

1. #1 White Smoke, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
    It would have the Metal Halide and the HPS with the ballast. Now does the the light have a air cooling mechanism? This is important because they will be in small areas so I can't have them over heating. Thanks for the input blades, really need the help because trying to order one tonight. I know that i will be having to put in some fans and a intake plus out-take fan. Using CFLs right now and not very happy after 2-3 months of growth and not even hitting a foot... :p

Here is a link to the reviews and what the product really is.

http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Hortic...77393&sr=8-16&keywords=Growing+HPS+and+MH+kit

http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Electr...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

2. Bump... 30 views no comments I would just like to know if I have everything I need in this one kit, if not someone please post another great kit or the *best* one you can fin. I'm trying to go for the best bang for my buck and I'm trying to use roughly 400 Watt. Maybe 600 W.

3. I would say that would be a decent setup for a few plants in a decent tent to make use of all the light as well as that are you using nutes ?

4. Yeah, I have nutes and all that jaxx just wanted to make sure it looked good and that I didn't need to buy anymore lights. I can concentrate on ventilation, air flow, temp, ph, water, etc. I will be purchasing them whenever I get the chance just didn't want to invest in $175 and find out I need another small piece for like $30 more dollars..

5. I bought the Apollo 600w package off ebay that you have listed. Except I got the CTAC hood(the one with the cool tube). You must vent the heat off the light and out of the grow room because it will produce some heat. To do this I simply bought a 6" inline fan (240 cfm) off ebay and some ducting from Home Depot for around $40 for both.

After 2-3 months of vegetative growth under a 600w (~86,000 lumens) your plants will be about 6ft tall. I vegg for a month and get 2.75 ft tall. Yields about 1.5 ounces per plant.

Do not shy away from HID lights due to heat. It can be overcome and the results will be worth it.

6. Get the 600 for sure and get the cool tube! ... Take it from me. I bought the 400 watt regular hood package off amazon 2 months ago and a month after I bought a 600 w/ cool tube. :) of course more lights and ballasts are never a bad thing!! Everyone loves toys!