Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would this qualify for a med card?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ChrizCollinz, Oct 26, 2011.

1. As of now, I live in Massachusetts, where as you most likely know, medical cannabis is still outlawed. When I go to college next year, I will most likely be going out of state (not because of the marijuana laws, but because I'd like to travel a little bit to see more of the country), and I was wondering if the following scenario would qualify for a med card:

I have ADD, for which I am prescribed 60mg dose of Adderall XR, and 20mg of the Adderall IR everyday. The medication works very well, but the problem is that I can't sleep at night until at least 3 a.m. unless I smoke weed, which I can go to bed much earlier. The sleep deprivation is actually awful and when in school the next day, I can't even stay awake. Would a doctor approve a cannabis card for this situation? I also have minor anxiety which gets much worse around the time of grades closing. Thanks!

2. I would say this sounds like a legit reason.

3. Well if you're in California, anything will get you a card long as you have the money. I was at Venice Beach buying a bong last week, and one of the "doctors" literally simulated smoking a joint and tried to call me over to the med card clinic.

4. thats a SHIT ton of addy man hahaha i have a perscription and i take at MAX 60 mg a day XR....i think you take wayyyy toooo much addderallllll cut it down, that shit is TERRIABLE for your heart...and youll get used to it and feel like you need it after you're done with school to function

5. yeah it is a ton, but ever since i was a kid for some reason ive been resistant to almost any med ive been on. any lower dose doesnt do much for me anymore so i stay at around 80mg a day...i try not to work out while on it because the boosted heart rate could possibly cause some sort of cardiac arrest.

6. Well most doctors would probably change your ADD medication, possibly a lower dose or to something more time released and may or may not recommend marijuana as a last resort. Unless of course you went to a clinic specially tailored to getting people med card. In that case, all you need is money and a complaint about something that's completely unprovable. The first will probably hold up in court, the second, no chance in hell. But that may or may not be your concern.

7. side quesztion to those who know.... do you ghave to be a resident of the state to get a med card?

8. [quote name='"GodGaveUsWeed"']Well if you're in California, anything will get you a card long as you have the money. I was at Venice Beach buying a bong last week, and one of the "doctors" literally simulated smoking a joint and tried to call me over to the med card clinic.[/quote]

Lmao!!

9. I wish I stayed in california for college, probably going to transfer back next quarter.. weed is my way to unwind, hard to not have it.. and I don't wanna get in trouble for growing ya know?

Anyway my point is that California is awesome so explore your options there and if you do I've never had anyone having trouble getting a card in the fine state of California

10. Wasn't referring to you, was referring to this:

That's fraud. We don't allow posts on this stuff

11. Wow...that is a lot of Adderall! I've got a question for you as a fellow ADDer ;)...but I'm gonna PM you instead of derailing the thread with OT chatter.

The link Will posted is a great starting point; I'd say it depends on where you're planning to go...different places have different criteria on what is eligible. On a semi-related note, if your doctor needs any 'evidence' about the efficacy of MMJ with ADD, Granny Storm Crow's excellent list has several entries relating to AD(H)D :wave:

12. Haha so true, Venice is the shit tho lol

13. i lost a tooth when i was eight and it hurt real bad. hopefully i qualify

14. you probably will, from what I can see you suffer from anxiety from when you lost that tooth at eight years of age

15. My bad. Simply pointing out how the system is exploited. Not trying to encourage it :smoking: